• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

See right through my walls / Gedrinth, any
    I hope that you catch me, ‘cause I’m already falling
    Ilma

It’s been a while since Ilma felt this whole - even if temporary, even if her life and emotions have more ups and downs than through any normal, happy pregnancy. And it is good that Gedrinth asked about her home; she realizes that she loves it more than anything, despite what happened up one of those mountains recently. Despite her numbness lasting since fall, despite her cracking once or twice and failing to stop the sobbing. She has friends here, good friends, that help her out of the water to keep her from drowning. That let her cry when she wants to, though she does not often want. That help her move on. That give her a purpose in life and something to live for.

It is exactly this that Gedrinth reminds her of, the pinto lady is pleasant to talk with and when she agrees that staying out of a conflict is her preferred method to deal with it, Ilma already knows that the sanctuary kingdom is the one that fits her best. Only their ally Tephra would be a worthy competitor; that is if Gedrinth would be a fan of ash and flame.

She nods to the answers she gets from the silver grulla. ”I’m sure you’ll love it,” she tells her. And with that, it’s settled, and they start the trek through the forest and riverlands (Ilma does not dare venture through Loess these days). She’s usually not taking the longer walk, only once did she do this to bring her daughter to the Playgrounds and she could check up on the adoption den. No foals in need where there at that moment, but at least Tähti had had a head full of stories about a purple girl out there she played with.

When they finally reach the borders on the northeastern side of the kingdom, it’s late afternoon. ”It is a long trek, I know,” she tells her new friend. ”But definitely worth it, I think.” She whinnies then, to let her presence be known, inviting the residents to come and meet their new friend.

don't let the fear of flying stop you from falling

@[Gedrinth]
    @[Kagerus]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    See right through my walls / Gedrinth, any - by Ilma - 05-11-2018, 05:06 AM