• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'd be a fool - Nyxa, Brennen, Any
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    Ischia is the new home of the Brotherhood, but Ischia has long been home also to a strange cohort of aquatically-inclined creatures. Brennen rarely sees them, but he knows they are there. As long as they stay in the water, and don’t threaten those who live here or have to cross the ocean, he’s been inclined to ignore them. But when they also wish to walk four-legged across his island Kingdom, that’s a game changer. That affects the Brotherhood, and those he has sworn to protect and serve.

He’d met Hod before, when storms ravaged their islands and sent the two stallions deep into Ischia to seek shelter from the wrath of mother nature, but he hasn’t seen him since; and if he’s caught his scent here or there, well, it hadn’t been a stretch to assume that it was leftover from a time past. After all, there simply isn’t that much foot traffic on the chain of islands, and so deep in the jungle scents can linger for a long time. So, today, when the sound of eight hooves on the loamy paths brings his head up to scent the air, and he takes a moment to place the stallion’s vaguely familiar scent, and his frown of concentration lightens to a curious neutral expression as he surges to his feet and steps onto the path from the sheltered area where he had been napping, lain flat under the great jungle trees with the island’s lullaby under his head to soothe away his worries.

Then they come around the bend, and his amber eyes go to the stranger first - a mare, light in color but framed in green with strangely scale-like markings. Then his gaze flicks to the graying stallion and he allows a brief smile, a nod as he gives his large dark wings a firm shake to settle feathers into place. He’ll need a thorough grooming later, to rid himself of debris stuck between inky black feathers and into his mane and tail, but Brennen too has a mate, and he’d rather save that pleasurable task to share with his Galilee. “Hod,” he greets the stallion in a friendly, rumbly drawl. “I had thought you’d gone, quite some time ago.” Perhaps he had? And just returned. Brennen can’t be sure, now turning over every instance he’d caught the man’s scent recently and examining the memories again. But - other things to think of, for now; “I’m Brennen,” he introduces himself to the stranger.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    I'd be a fool - Nyxa, Brennen, Any - by Hod - 05-09-2018, 02:38 PM
    RE: I'd be a fool - Nyxa, Brennen, Any - by Nyxa - 05-10-2018, 04:18 PM
    RE: I'd be a fool - Nyxa, Brennen, Any - by Brennen - 05-10-2018, 10:09 PM
    RE: I'd be a fool - Nyxa, Brennen, Any - by Hod - 05-15-2018, 04:11 PM
    RE: I'd be a fool - Nyxa, Brennen, Any - by Nyxa - 05-16-2018, 12:33 PM