• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

...and I'm home - Sochi, anyone
    I hope that you catch me, ‘cause I’m already falling
    Ilma

The winged mare often thinks back on the exchange - Hestia had not spoken to her for a while, so that she had addressed the other diplomat in that gathering - apparently rubbing both Hestia and Scorch wrongly with her concerns. But she's all but forgotten the meeting - the important thing was that Tähti was there to learn and Sochi was here in her stead to do the same. It was kindly familiar that the girl before her had roughly the same colouring as her daughter, safe for the touch of blue that somewhat reminded her of two siblings right here in Hyaline, both so near to her heart.

She agrees quickly with the girl. "Of course I will. If you don't mind, I'll go for a little sturdier footing," she smiles, and starts her trek down the slope of this mountain. But she doesn't return to the lake, figuring that Sochi would have seen it by now, she takes another route through a pass, which ends near the cliffs at the sea. A trek is possible at that side, too, but not too long one. Still she thinks Sochi may appreciate the view. "What do you know of Hyaline's history so far?" she asks the girl. Perhaps someone told her things of the past, but perhaps she just hasn't had too many lessons.

At her question of what she would like to do, Ilma nods. "That won't be a problem. I'd be happy to tell you what I know about diplomacy, and I'm sure we'll be able to find Kagerus to teach you about our warrior caste." She thinks that perhaps even Svedka would like to speak with Sochi from time to time, but his approach is a more general one - but to Ilma, he mostly represents what Hyaline stands for, to welcome all that are good or good enough of nature into their kingdom and to protect when necessary. He's not bound to any caste, and she imagines that for Sochi it will be good to talk to him about that, too. Because sometimes, a horse just doesn't fit into one box - Ilma thinks it will probably broaden Sochi's horizon.

put your arms around me, and I'm home

@[Sochi]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    ...and I'm home - Sochi, anyone - by Ilma - 05-06-2018, 06:24 AM
    RE: ...and I'm home - Sochi, anyone - by sochi - 05-09-2018, 10:46 AM
    RE: ...and I'm home - Sochi, anyone - by Ilma - 05-09-2018, 12:16 PM
    RE: ...and I'm home - Sochi, anyone - by sochi - 05-19-2018, 08:48 AM
    RE: ...and I'm home - Sochi, anyone - by Ilma - 05-21-2018, 06:06 AM