• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

be my escape || kylin
    It has been a year. A year since she had met Kagerus on the beach. A year since she had left Ischia in favour of Hyaline. She still struggles to wrap her mind around all the things that have happened during the last year. From a very low and dark place she had somehow managed – no, not Kylin, the equine around her should have the credit for it – to scramble up. Not yet there, but every step is one in the right direction.

Thinking of the winter cold makes her shiver, even with Ischia’s warm climate. Kylin is not used to the cold, never had her coat thickened to keep herself warm, winter simply didn’t touch Ischia. The lavender woman cannot say she likes the winter, but she would have to admit that her short time in Hyaline last winter made her curious.

Curious enough to leave Ischia in favour of travelling to the mainland. She has been watching Tephra’s volcano from afar, her heart aching whenever she does. Would Klaudius look up at the smoking mountain at the same time and think of her too? Or perhaps he stands on Tephra’s blackened shore, watching the sea and Ischia in the distance? Probably not though. He has his family to look after. And thus her course changes midway. Instead of following the riverbank that would bring her towards Tephra, Kylin sets a hoof upon the sea and moves west.

She walks on the sea like one would walk on a thick layer of ice during the winter. Instead of walking, she could have taken a dive too, and swim all the way to the mainland’s shore. But walking feels more natural to her, especially now the mainland’s winter is slowly affecting the sea and turning the water cold. Kylin does not like the cold.

“Oh”. What’s that?

Her hazel eyes fix on the orange thing floating on top of the water, carried by the river to open sea. Her legs carry her in its direction, and soon her muzzle drops towards the water to inspect it. A flower. Not a fresh one though, and unlike Kylin has ever seen in Ischia. How had it gotten on the water? Before she knows it her legs carry her across the sea towards the river’s mouth, and from there, upstream.

Her ears twitch, a voice carried by the winds towards her. “H-hello?” she calls out uncertainly, both her lavender ears flicking forward with tense curiosity. She continues her way upstream, safely in the middle of the river. It is not until she follows a curve that she spots him. Like her his coloring is in soft pastels, but his is golden compared to her lavender. Her fins are pulled tightly against her sides, like one would tuck its wings, but it does nothing to block out the cold. Ischia’s warmth didn’t reach this far. “Hi..” she murmurs, her dished head tilting to the side as she studies him curiously. “Was it your flower I found at sea?”

@[Svedka]

Messages In This Thread
    be my escape || kylin - by Svedka - 05-05-2018, 09:21 AM
    RE: be my escape || kylin - by Kylin - 05-05-2018, 02:59 PM
    RE: be my escape || kylin - by Svedka - 05-06-2018, 09:57 AM
    RE: be my escape || kylin - by Kylin - 05-07-2018, 02:05 PM
    RE: be my escape || kylin - by Svedka - 05-08-2018, 04:04 PM
    RE: be my escape || kylin - by Kylin - 05-10-2018, 03:51 PM
    RE: be my escape || kylin - by Svedka - 05-11-2018, 06:56 PM
    RE: be my escape || kylin - by Kylin - 05-14-2018, 01:14 PM
    RE: be my escape || kylin - by Svedka - 05-15-2018, 03:11 PM
    RE: be my escape || kylin - by Kylin - 05-20-2018, 06:03 PM