• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

be my escape || kylin
    the secret of our world is written in the stars
    The winter’s chill settles deep into his bones, and though his painted coat has thickened for its arrival, Svedka cannot help but shiver beneath the sun’s golden rays that, despite the wind-scrubbed sky, does not warm him. He had been itching to get out of Hyaline and explore, for winter had always intrigued him as he had been born beneath the warmth and ash of Tephra’s volcano. The white snow is magical to him, and even though it is apparent that it had not snowed in the Riverlands for a few days, there are patches of ice and clumps of snow clinging to the pines surrounding the river, glistening as it drips quietly in the sunlight. The sound of the river rushing fervently fills his ears as he comes across the pebble-laden shoreline, the clear water running smooth and freely despite winter’s cold touch.

There is a lazy mist that swirls around the river, as the constantly moving water kicks up droplets of water and vapor. The fog clings to his milk-and-honey coat as he halts before the water, lowering his head towards it. The water dampens the long whiskers of his muzzle, and though there is no wind on this winter’s day, the movement of the river gently brushes back his forelock from his face, revealing the deep ocean blue of his eyes that stare curiously into the frothing waters. He snorts softly, lifting his head and tossing it gently as he attempts to rid the stinging feeling of water in his nose. The movement tosses the red and black hawk feather that is tangled within his mane, just behind his ears, as well as shakes lose the panther lily flower (bright orange against his ivory and blue mane) that had been placed there a few days ago by Kagerus. The orange bulb, its petals shriveled and wrinkled from lack of a stem and roots, falls with a gentle plop into the river.

Svedka watches its descent downriver, until it has disappeared beyond his eyesight.

He hopes that when he returns to Hyaline that Kagerus will have another waiting for him - perhaps an evergreen branch or another winter-growing bulb. He smiles softly to himself at the thought, before a sound nearby catches his attention. Pale golden ears flick towards the sound, his brows rising curiously though his eyes have not found the source yet. “You may join me,” he offers into the stillness around him, the warmth of his breath becoming a cloud of condensed vapor as it meets the cold air.
    (be my escape)
    Svedka

@[Kylin]

Messages In This Thread
    be my escape || kylin - by Svedka - 05-05-2018, 09:21 AM
    RE: be my escape || kylin - by Kylin - 05-05-2018, 02:59 PM
    RE: be my escape || kylin - by Svedka - 05-06-2018, 09:57 AM
    RE: be my escape || kylin - by Kylin - 05-07-2018, 02:05 PM
    RE: be my escape || kylin - by Svedka - 05-08-2018, 04:04 PM
    RE: be my escape || kylin - by Kylin - 05-10-2018, 03:51 PM
    RE: be my escape || kylin - by Svedka - 05-11-2018, 06:56 PM
    RE: be my escape || kylin - by Kylin - 05-14-2018, 01:14 PM