• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out with the golden we sew // Baltas, any
    Baltas can tell that Ilma is nervous at first, but the white mare calms when Kagerus touches noses with her. Surely it couldn't be shyness - she's the Ambassador, after all. But he sets that curiosity aside for now, choosing instead to focus on whatever is on Kagerus's head. It's hard to see in the darkness, but Baltas is fairly sure it's a horn. He is also sure that it wasn't there when he met Kagerus. Small though the feature may be, it surprises the Lippizan more than Ilma's wings because of the way it materialized out of thin air.

"I would rather be in just one caste by now, until I get used to everything," Baltas says, returning Ilma's smile. "Would I be allowed to join a second caste later on?" As they walk to the lake, Ilma brings up the topic of magic, and he is eager to find out more.

"I just came to Beqanna, actually. She hasn't told me about the magic yet. It's amazing, isn't it?" He smiles at Ilma, glad that she is so friendly. "I was actually wondering about Kagerus's horn. I'm sure it wasn't there when I first met her, but I just noticed that it's there now. Is that a special kind of magic, or is making things like horns and wings appear and disappear something all horses can do?"

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Baltas, any - by Baltas - 05-07-2018, 09:04 PM