• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out with the golden we sew // Baltas, any
    Before long, a familiar soul approaches myself and my new recruit. I see her before she whinnies, the rising moonlight completely revealing her alabaster figure. I glance to Baltas to gauge his reaction to her extra appendages, and am pleased to see that despite a slight raise of his brow, he takes the oddity in stride. Well, good; there were many many more magical oddities stranger than wings that he’d have to become adjusted to. Speaking of which...

As he’s greeting her in his courteous and masculine tone (a tone which I am proud of Ilma for bearing after her trauma), the horn I’d dreamt rematerializes on my skull. It is thin and black, almost unnoticeable I’m the darkness - but I trust Baltas to be perceptive enough to see it anyway. That’s why I recruited him, after all.

Turning to the Ambassador with a smile, I step forward and gently press my nose to hers in an exchange of breath and good faith. Though things have been tense between us, what with my being in love with the queen but also affectionate with the queen’s brother and so on, I still cherish our friendship. Two years ago now I brought Ilma to this land; and though there had been suffering on these mountaintops for her, she has also thrived and grown.

Stepping back, I glance between white horses - hopefully the second will be as prosperous as the first. “Baltas, this is Ilma. She is Hyaline’s Ambassadoe, Head of diplomacy; if you are interested in using your wits to better this kingdom, that caste may too be good for you. You’re allowed to be in more than one,” I finish with a smile. He comes from Elsewhere, and deserves a thorough explanation of Beqanna’s inner workings.

Lastly, I turn oncemore to Ilma. “I was just about to show Baltas the lake - I’d love for you to join us.”
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Baltas, any - by Kagerus - 05-06-2018, 10:29 AM