• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out with the golden we sew // Baltas, any
    I don't mean to manipulate him with my words, but I am also not sorry that my genuine love for Hyaline came through enough to change his mind about where he ought to be in life right now. Politics and warfare may be avoided when the worst comes to pass - but perhaps he can understand that in Hyaline, they are not exactly the way that he may have experienced in the past.

A gush of excited and thrilled laughter comes from my lips when he replies with of course I'll help, forward and blunt and without any hesitation. When the giddiness subsides, a moment of doubt passes my mind - what if he is a spy? But no, when I look again, there's a trustworthiness in those deep brown eyes that is undeniable. The unease passes, and is replaced by a confusion at his words. A rider? Curious, but I do not dwell on it, figuring it is a term from his Elsewhere.

"The fact that you come with experience at all is a leg up, Baltas, because many in Beqanna have none at all." I glance to the setting sun which casts the snow in an array of colours before turning back to the white stallion once more. "But we'd better get going if we want to make it home on time." There, I'd said it: home.

Smiling, I step forward and beckon him to follow with a soft press of my dark muzzle to his impossibly white fur. The field quickly falls behind us as we travel at an easy lope, and at other times, a walk. But the rest of the journey takes quite a longer time, and when we arrive at the foothills that mark the border of Hyaline, the last light of day shines sleepily behind us.

"I'm sorry to have made you travel so far," I say, warm mist clouding around my snout; but I'm smiling too, clearly not sorry at all. "But this is Hyaline! You can see the mountains from here, and the lake is tucked just around the bend of that first one." I pause in case he has something else to say, and then pick up the thread one last time. "There are many others who call Hyaline home, and perhaps they shall come out to meet its newest member."

--

@[Baltas] OOC - welcome to Hyaline! Feel free to post another 'open' post like you did in the field, but now based in Hyaline! There are lots of other players who want their characters to interact with yours!
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Out with the golden we sew // Baltas, any - by Kagerus - 05-02-2018, 07:35 PM