• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Kylin

Trekori

i'm freezing, it's not winter yet
    but my fingers and toes
    are shivering beneath these sheets
    and i feel so alone
    i don't want to die, i want to sleep

In truth, I am not nearly as worried about losing Ischia as Kylin is. Like my entire family, I am nomadic at heart, preferring no kind of land over another. But like my family, it is the pull of belonging that decides where we live - all of my brothers have chosen the Brotherhood, if that's any indicator as to the truth of my words. It's an interesting perspective that Kylin has -  but I can only speculate, for as of yet she has offered no concrete evidence as to her thought processes at all.

But she is smiling as soon as she recovers from the shock of my abrasive appearance, and I find myself smiling politely in return. She reaffirms my guesstimation of Brennen's years here, and I store away the information for later use. By how she knows this, I must assume that she too has lived here for years - making her not only my elder, but one with a more rightful claim to this land than I. Still, I hold to what I said - I claim not the land, but the Brotherhood. It just so happens that the Brotherhood claimed Ischia.

Without warning however, tears are pooling in her eyes, and I step forward with a look of concern. I've offended her! But no... She murmurs that she misses them, her family, and my heart aches some for her. Not as powerfully as perhaps one with more connection to family would; but enough that I can sympathize, even just surface level.

"I'm sorry," I offer lamely, not knowing whether to reach out and touch her or to just let her mourn on her own. I've always been clumsy when it comes to emotions, and with a perfect stranger, it's even worse. But I do smile at her in an attempt of comfort, nodding my head as if to say you got this! Because she does - she's here still, isn't she? She's got this, implicitly, through and through.

As she collects herself, her eyes wander over my figure, to my wings and settling on my horn. I shiver under the scrutiny, but try to hide the shudder so as not to make her think I'm uncomfortable. I'm not, I'm just not used to be looked at like that. Still, my horn glows even brighter under the attention, and I smile at her question encouragingly.

"There truly is, Kylin, I promise you that... You are one of the eldest dwellers of Ischia left, and if anyone has a claim to living here, it is you. The Brotherhood would be blessed to have one as loyal as you within its ranks..."

@[Kylin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Kylin - by Trekori - 05-10-2018, 03:51 PM