• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Kylin

Trekori

i'm freezing, it's not winter yet
    but my fingers and toes
    are shivering beneath these sheets
    and i feel so alone
    i don't want to die, i want to sleep

Summer has set in, and if I thought it could get any warmer on these islands, I was wrong. For all of the fuss Brennen made about this being a paradise compared to his old home, I can't help but grumble about the heat. My wings constantly leave sweat-stains on my barrel, and I can't very well walk around with them outstretched like a buffoon now can I?

Grumble grumble grumble.

Huffing, I decide to take action against the wetness beneath my appendages. Shaking out my mane, I shove off from the lagoon I'd been resting near at a trot. When the trees thin out, I stretch my wings and leap into the air. Ah, to fly. My sour mood lifts almost immediately when the sharp wind cools my sides, and for some time, I am content to frequent the clouds, surveying Ischia and occasionally glancing to the border to ensure no trespassers are lurking. Might as well do my duty while I'm up here playing around, right?

But then, someone does catch my gaze, and my curiosity peaks. I have yet to meet any of the Ischians (brothers or not) except for Brennen, Takei, and Andulvar. Perhaps the little ant-like figure I have spotted down below is one of them; and as my body has more than cooled, I figure, why not get acquainted.

I settle on to the earth easily, folding my wings into my sides. My eyes study the horse - a beautiful and small-framed lavender mare; my curiosity spikes. Had not the Purple Family fled from Ischia (without due cause)? What was this one doing straggling behind? My little heart squeezes at the memory of Karat's quick evacuation after our meeting... Hopefully this interaction won't have the same fate.

Despite my troubled thoughts, I don't wait long before piping out a greeting. "Hey." My voice cracks at the word, and I die a thousand internal deaths; but no sense in accentuating the curse of teenagehood with a prolonged silence in its wake. "I'm Trekori, are you from here?"

@[Kylin]

Messages In This Thread
    I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Kylin - by Trekori - 04-22-2018, 04:42 PM