• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm carrying your heart in mine | solace
    we are crooked souls trying to stay up straight
    They come together as if there had been no days missed, as if their lives had been woven together from the very second of her birth to the exact moment they fall into an embrace, chests bursting with pride and adoration and love. His firstborn, his dear and sweet Solace. He holds her there for a moment, clinging to the smell of her (of freshwater and sweet wildflowers, such a difference to the smoke and salt she must smell on him), his cerulean eyes closing momentarily to inhale deeply, to store this memory into his mind for a day when the shadows are too much and his chalice of leadership is too full. He finally breaks away from her, but only to look at her with wide and sparkling eyes, taking in the sight of her with a wistful sigh.

His navy wings tussle gently at his sides as he notices her own - light blue, like the robin’s egg sky above them - and he cannot help the broad smile that finds his navy lips. The idea that she can soar into the heavens just as he can makes him feel all the more closer to her, as if the faeries had blessed him once more. 

“Solace,” he says, his voice deep and true as he speaks her name for the first time outloud in a long time. There is a low hum to his voice, a vibration of satisfaction that rumbles in his chest; almost a chuckle. “I should have found you sooner.” His voice is filled with truth but it is not sad nor quiet - merely a fact that though he wishes he could change, will not. It is then, with a bit of a furrow falling across his brow, he notices the scars on her withers; misplaced and jagged, but silvery and healed. There is a soft snort of concern, and his eyes flicker back to hers with all the love of a father. “You are well?” he asks, his brows rising with curiosity, then adds: “and your brother?”

His voice lilts with a bit of amusement as he asks about Svedka, his smile turning lopsided with a knowing grin. The two where like night and day, but their bond runs deep. Warrick knows all too well the wayward ways of his firstborn son, and that Solace is more akin to himself than her free-spirited brother. He took after his mother in that way, and for a moment he wonders if he should have brought her on the journey with him - to see Hyaline once more, reliving the moments of their youth, as well as take a swim with her son in the familiar lake. 

But this had not been a visit solely for a reunion, and Tangerine had stayed beneath the safety of their underground grotto. This visit holds more than just a father reuniting with his daughter, and his face changes just a bit to hold the seriousness that will come as the conversation continues.
    Warrick

@[Solace]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm carrying your heart in mine | solace - by Warrick - 04-20-2018, 04:15 PM