• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm carrying your heart in mine | solace
    It is not his fault - not completely

Even in the days when her sleepy kingdom had been nearly empty she had stayed, bound to the mountains by some invisible force. She could have come to see him then, but instead, Wound had shown up at her doorstep and she had delayed her journey once again. She knew that it had been too long when she met her half-sister, Wishbone. Solace knew that he had returned from the plains and begun his life again. But still, she stayed, anchored despite her newfound wings.

Solace understood the weight of a kingdom, and she did not begrudge him his absence. Their self-imposed separation was just as much her fault as it was his. But kingdoms and titles tended to have that effect, she found.  More responsibility than freedom came with the crown. 

She is drawn to the rumble of hooves on the mountainside, rising from her resting place to meet the thunder. Somehow, she knows it is him, that today is the day which had been too long delayed.

"Father!" She calls, momentarily a child again as his shining eyes meet hers. She strides forward to cover the final distance between them, her neck arching to cover his own in a warm embrace. "Thank you," she says as her eyes squeeze shut, and his calming energy washes over her "there is no one else I would have rather seen trotting over that mountain."

It doesn't matter that it took rumors of war to bring them together again, she wouldn't trade this moment for anything.
    Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm carrying your heart in mine | solace - by Solace - 04-18-2018, 12:59 PM