• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm carrying your heart in mine | solace
    we are crooked souls trying to stay up straight
    It had been too long.

He wishes his reason for coming was different. That he woke up one morning and felt refreshed, enough so to take the long journey through the skies to his daughter’s kingdom, just to visit and relax near the lake and beneath the wisteria trees - but that is not the case. Guilt plagues him, because it should have happened sooner, for entirely different reasons than this. It makes him think for a moment that perhaps he is not a good of a father that he could be, but the thought is quelled when he soars into the valley and is met with the beauty of Hyaline. It is all hers, he muses, and despite the concern that had been growing in his eyes, they are set alight with pride and adoration.

Steering expertly through the air that is much thinner and more inviting than Tephra’s sweltering summer wind, the bay pegasus glides just above the swaying grasses of the valley before extending his legs to grasp at the ground in a energetic gallop. Navy wings still outstretched, he allows the natural wind he creates to rush over his body, to inhale the scents of his daughter’s kingdom (and hope that his smell of smoke and ash and sun does not linger). He had been tired, forlorn, but now feels rejuvenated as he comes into her kingdom - one that had once held a special place in his heart when Amet ruled, and now that meant so much more with Solace as its queen.

Slowing to an easy lope, and then to a choppy trot, he pulls his wings into his sides. He tosses his head, nostrils flaring, as he finally slows to halt. He inhales deeply, the fresh and clean air of Hyaline soothing his soul, despite the discussion that he and Solace will have - not as father and daughter - but as a King and a Queen.
    Warrick

Messages In This Thread
    i'm carrying your heart in mine | solace - by Warrick - 04-17-2018, 04:53 PM