• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sabra girl, clouding my view - Any
    Sabra was the only one she ever had. For so long the woman had been a family to her. Every day for almost two years Lamb found herself seeking out those opal wings when she had a problem or just needed to talk. She had become the queen's advisor and stayed true to her word of never leaving the kingdom's side.

To say the woman thought about her friend often was an understatement. 

She is by the lake when the news comes. The small girl is urgent and Lamb is quick to comply with her wishes. Sabra? She had made it out then! Lamb stands stricken on the lakeside for a moment before recognition kicks in. 

"Thank you."

She voices, pale eyes finding the pools of Tahti's own warm hues. Silently the woman noted to seek the girl out when they returned. 

She stays no longer than that before she is off in a dead run, despite herself Lamb found the want for wings more than ever now. The ache in her screaming lungs thuds against her chest as she gallops. The land flies by in a blur and she was sure she had never run so fast before... Be okay... Be okay... The worst floated through her mind like a river, drowning her in terrible what ifs.

Her queen is not alone when she finally reaches them.

She skids to a stop, ignoring the dirt and river rocks that kick up from beneath her hooves and pelt her hocks angrily. Across the rushing rapids is not only Sabra but Solace. Beside the autumn queen is a man, had she seen him before? He looked familiar.. That didnt matter now. Lamb plunges into the rapids and wades furiously towards them, her lungs dragging in deep gulps of air as she wades. While she would say sorry for it later, she feels no remorse as she shoves past the onlookers to pull the woman into her shaking embrace. 

How terrified the two must look. 

If it had been anyone else other than Solace and Ilma (plus this strange man) she may have been embarrassed to admit she was crying. 

"Oh im so sorry... Im so so sorry." 
    She is trying to pull them both from the freezing waters but for now she feels like the small child she had been when she first met Sabra. Afraid. Alone.

Lavendel pulls away to look at Sabra and is broken to find the empty look in the woman's once brilliant eyes. Her own pale gaze jets frantically between Solace and Ilma. What happened here?

"We must be strong for each other now, come Sabra it is cold."
    She glances briefly at the lavender man, had he done this? She offers a mere huff in his direction before she noses wet matts from the pale woman's poll.  With it she pushes her friend towards the river bank.
    [Image: lav_by_heyyou80-dc01t5i.png]
    L a v e n d e l

Messages In This Thread
    Sabra girl, clouding my view - Any - by Sabra - 04-15-2018, 12:08 AM
    RE: Sabra girl, clouding my view - Any - by Ilma - 04-15-2018, 05:25 AM
    RE: Sabra girl, clouding my view - Any - by Sabra - 04-16-2018, 11:33 AM
    RE: Sabra girl, clouding my view - Any - by Ilma - 04-16-2018, 12:07 PM
    RE: Sabra girl, clouding my view - Any - by Lavendel - 04-20-2018, 05:07 PM