• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Was Lightning Before the Thunder {KINGDOM ANNOUNCEMENT}
    W
    ound is loyal to Tephra. This island and those who live in it have shaped her into the courageous woman she is today. Before her arrival, the deformed mare had spent her life in the shadows, watching happiness from amid cobwebs and decomposing leaves. She has so much to be thankful for, so much to take for granted, so much to feel blessed because of. So when a call for a meeting rings over the treetops and against the volcano’s face, she is quick to respond.

She arrives promptly, brows furrowing in confusion at the arrival of yet another purple refugee. Had the entirety of Ischia fled from whatever madness had happened? Wound is still unaware of the full story, though her diplomatic skin itches to find out what took place. The silver bay moves to stand beside Warrick, her slender shoulder just behind his own.

While her Overseer might appear mostly collected to the outside, Wound can see the anxieties and concern that run through his body like a dangerous fever. The diplomat moves to touch her nose to Warrick’s wither, just in front of the beginning joint of his wing. It’s a simple movement of greeting, but there’s an underlying purpose of comfort found hiding; a secret message intended for her close friend personally.

It isn’t long before someone begins talking, but to her surprise it isn’t Warrick. A cold tendril of shock winds along Wound’s intestines but she forces herself to remain calm, pricking her ears forward to hear this purple stranger’s words. She’s intrigued to know that Sylva has again been taken over by evil-doers (for some reason the dark of heart seem to have taken an affection to that particular kingdom) but her brow furrows as the stallion continues to go on about Ischia and someone named Brennen.

He continues to preach words intending power and might and inspiration, but Wound’s face is falling into a progressively deeper expression of confusion. Judging by the way he settles close to Krone’s family, she guesses he is a piece of their community. However, Wound’s thoughts are distracted when he is suddenly ordering Warrick around as though he were in control of Tephra and its rankings. While the diplomat is a comforter and one to invite the needy into her home, she would have never suspected the refugees to turn around and express the complete opposite of humbleness.

Wound’s eyes widen but they turn to meet Warrick’s face. She can’t see the entirety of her Overseer’s reaction from her placement, but before anything can seriously happen, a mare steps forward to rebuke against the purple stallion’s accusations toward Ischia. It’s a fresh voice amid the negativity and Wound’s face warms toward the red woman. Before Wound can get a word in, Krone is bitterly tossing words around and storms off, in which Durotan quickly follows.

A heavy breath leaves the silver bay’s lungs, one she hadn’t realized had been poised in her throat. Although Wound had been quick to invite the refugees into Tephra, part of her is wondering if it had been more than she had intended for. But she reminds herself that they have fled their home and tensions are high along with emotions. So, in the brief moment of Krone and Durotan’s departure, the diplomat takes in another breath, clears her throat, and speaks.

“Thank you for the warnings…” Wound struggles to remember if he had ever introduced herself, but she finally settles with “... sir. I’m sure emotions are high with everything that has been happening, but I urge you to allow us to come to our own conclusions about Ischia in our own time.” She’s certain Warrick will speak with her about sending out diplomats to Sylva and Ischia shortly to gather news about the leadership changes. “I’m sure we will take your words into consideration, but it is always a good idea to look at both sides of a situation before deciding an opinion.” Her coffee eyes glance toward Warrick, knowing her words will ring true for the both of them. He’s never been the type to jump to dramatic accusations without first gathering all the facts.

However, the situation in regards to this family’s position among Tephra remains up to Warrick. The diplomat finds herself turning to Warrick again, wondering if he has already thought about such things. It would be nice to have another strong stallion leading the Guardians with Longclaw’s sudden and seemingly endless disappearance. But to have a strange, new filly training under Warrick to become a leader? It seemed like a power-grab if anything else, as though this new purple family were attempting to secure themselves as eventual rulers of Tephra.

Wound hopes her bay Overseer might consult her or Amorette on the situation (his closest companions besides Tangerine, after all) but she doesn’t prod or presume he will. Instead, she realizes how uneasy she might be with the thought of someone random waltzing into Tephra and presumably protecting their home. Her mind dances to thoughts of Wishbone as a child and the many children spread throughout Tephra’s borders. For all Wound knows, this stallion could be a member of Sylva itself.

Wound shakes her head, clearing her mind of the suspicious thoughts. She is just as anxious as Warrick, caught in the thick currents swirling Beqanna’s political waters. But her coffee brown eyes remained fixed on the winged stallion, curious for an answer to her otherwise simple question.
    credit to nat of adoxography.

honorable mentions: @[Durotan] @[Krone] @[Klaudius] @[Dagny and Olivier] @[Warrick] @[Amorette]
    long story short:
    - wound shows up to the shindig
    - wound is confusion b/c of klaudius suddenly taking over everything
    - she thanks klaudius for his warnings, but basically says that they'll come to their own conclusions after gathering more information about the situation
    - is hesitant about klaudius "protecting" them when she doesn't even know/trust them totally
    - kinda wonders if this is a power-grab

those are the main points, i think, but i probably forgot something so please still read my novel i'm so sorry everyone <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I Was Lightning Before the Thunder {KINGDOM ANNOUNCEMENT} - by wound - 04-16-2018, 09:32 PM