• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

We are stars; any
    Demi
    Arriving in the land late one summer night, my family took refuge in the mountains of Hyaline.  A darkness had spread once again in the kingdom bordering Loess and mother couldn't take the thought of it leaking into their home.  I did not know the extent of my mother's worry but I am young and do not question my parents.  

The journey was short.  Loess and Hyaline shared borders and similar landscapes so it made little difference to me.  I took to my nightly form, the owl.  Shifting these days grew more effortless and quickly my knowledge grew of just how vast my powers were.  When we finally arrived and settled into the lands, I began to explore.  It was easy for me to sneak about as a song bird or dark raven.  None would suspect me being anything more than a nosey buzzard.  

Daylight kissed the edges of the cragged structures against the horizon.  I awoke early as always.  Before my parents could stop me and before my twin could slow me down.  I leapt forwards with four hooves and before they landed I have shifted.  My form mimicks avian creatures I have seen before.  So today I choose the falcon.  

I am quick.  My lightened bulk moved easy about the lands and to those below, I am nothing more than a pin prick in the sky.  My vision though is sharp and one eye an eerie red.  This is the only part of me that remains the same in any of my forms.  Dad never adimtted it but the hue of my ruby eye always set him uneasy.  My view from above is wide and I watch for anything of interest to me.  Horses grazing in the grassy fields peaked little inside me, but a tiny dark form trailing off near where I had shifted catches my attention.  

I dive from the azure skies and dip into a nearby tree.  My ruby eye trained on the young winged foal.  My wings ruffle at my sides as my head tilts to better my view.  I watch as the filly seems to be looking for something but I do not make my presence obvious.  The dull brown and greys of my plumage blending me into my surroundings...   
    Legends & Myths

@[Táhti] feeling my bird shifter out Smile she's curious and if it's not clear, she is a peregrine falcon now.
    https://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/images/f...horizt.jpg

Messages In This Thread
    We are stars; any - by Tähti - 04-14-2018, 06:52 AM
    RE: We are stars; any - by Demi - 04-23-2018, 08:48 PM
    RE: We are stars; any - by Tähti - 04-26-2018, 09:09 AM
    RE: We are stars; any - by Demi - 05-01-2018, 10:03 AM
    RE: We are stars; any - by Tähti - 05-02-2018, 03:07 PM
    RE: We are stars; any - by Demi - 05-02-2018, 09:53 PM
    RE: We are stars; any - by Tähti - 05-06-2018, 06:42 AM
    RE: We are stars; any - by Demi - 05-07-2018, 09:05 PM
    RE: We are stars; any - by Tähti - 05-13-2018, 06:25 AM
    RE: We are stars; any - by Demi - 05-16-2018, 09:39 PM