• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Burn These Bridges -[Maiven]
    I Hope That You Burn
    The sound of his voice broke through the trees and she broke into a gallop. Branches stung her skin as they slapped against her in her careless race towards the comfort of her father. Fear of losing him drove her forward until she broke through the line of opposition and threw herself into the safety of his embrace. Nestled into him sobs wracked her body. She remembered the moment he’d found her lying helpless in large spread of the meadow. Without hesitation he’d taken her in and swore to protect her and she’d followed him, holding onto the truth of his promise. Her body shook as she listened to the depth of his voice as he spoke.

They were leaving. Surprisingly, she did not find herself saddened by the news. She’d suspected as much as soon as the voices began to shout the name of another. Krone was queen no more. Then his words grew confusing as he invited her to stay behind, if that was what she wanted.

“No, papa,” she said with a childlike certainty. “I will follow you like I have before. We are family now, and we belong together.” 
    Maiven

@[Durotan] This is pitifully short, I'm sorry.

Messages In This Thread
    Burn These Bridges -[Maiven] - by Durotan - 04-13-2018, 06:29 PM
    RE: Burn These Bridges -[Maiven] - by Maiven - 04-17-2018, 09:36 AM
    RE: Burn These Bridges -[Maiven] - by Durotan - 04-17-2018, 06:59 PM
    RE: Burn These Bridges -[Maiven] - by Maiven - 04-21-2018, 08:23 PM