• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~

The world is imploding around them. She is in the center and knows it, is happy about it. Chaos, it’s started. More than she’d intended, but no less than she’d anticipated. She knows from many cycles of experience that a small ripple becomes a big wave and when one is plotting anything others are quick to follow. It’s the creators of these ripples that come out on top, and in this game of politics the queen knows she MUST come out on top. She hears his voice, Brennen, Hestia’s is as lyrical as it’s always been, her smooth gate carrying her across her sands. His young diplomat is quick on the king’s heels. Amusing expressions flit across his face. She gestures in acknowledgement to the child. Languid in her steps she draws closer to them, he’s in her land once again.

The black queen’s presence at the meeting had been a silent and steady one. There was no need for her voice, her threatening presence had been enough to keep the peace. Even those that objected to the uprising didn’t dare to spat their profanities to Nerine’s queen or even towards her representatives. She’d gathered much information from that alone. A menacing smile had curled her lips on her way back from Ischia. Yes, that was exactly what she’d needed. Nerine’s standing in Beqanna had been confirmed on that day. A strong and threatening kingdom, exactly as she’d designed for it to be. Another reason she’d been glad to assist Brennen in his little upstart. She knows the game to well. Rumors are powerful, and actions can be deadly. She makes her moves with a precision that isn’t to be trifled with.

Not at all, she welcomes all, and turns away only a select few from her borders the brotherhood not among those. She is eager to begin this alliance. She doesn’t interrupt the newly throned king. Beqanna is going to be seeing a lot of new leaders, herself included. She nods her head to his first set of proposals. That is the simple part. There is no risk there. It’s when he gets to his next proposal that she pauses in thought for a moment. A trust, the new king is asking for a trust. Something that she does not give fully to anyone, not even Scorch. Her lip twitches just slightly. There is no way that he could know a fraction of the power that lies slumbering in Nerine, Djinni is just the icing. She almost desires to laugh. But he surprises her when he freely offers the first tidbit of talent as a sign of peace. Cunning Brennen, very cunning. She thinks as her green eyes narrow, scrutinizing for any malicious intent he may hold.

Every fiber in her being balks at this idea. But if they are to be sister kingdoms they would indeed need to trust one another. It’s then that the foal speaks, and so we begin. She cocks her hip settling in comfortably with that thought. The proposals are intriguing. She mulls them over, Oblivion silent by her side. He doesn’t speak in her mind, allowing her to calculate as she must. Power is dangerous in any hands, and I’ve prevented anyone in Nerine, including myself from knowing all the powers at play. You would ask me to put their lives at risk. She knows a few who’s talents could put their lives and their children, those that have children, at risk. She’s repaid his favor with this bit of information. It’s more than she’s ever said to anyone about the extent of Nerine’s strength.

Hestia pauses for a moment letting him think on her words. I would suggest that if we need assistance with a matter we bring it to the other if that kingdom is able to accomplish the task it can simply agree to perform the task or turn the other in the direction of someone able to. It would save her people, her officials who need to keep their talents secret. It would also provide a basis for building trust. When this piece has been clearly defined she addresses the child’s point. Nerine holds to the old values of the Amazon’s on being warriors and protectors. But the equality here will remain intact. Sister kingdoms who are free to recruit from one another regardless of gender would be welcome. Along with idea on representatives. Once again she pauses, giving them a chance to insert their thoughts. Would the brotherhood hold the same equality? Or will it be biased towards males? Oblivion crooks it’s head towards Trekori then Brennen. It says nothing. Not yet. They’ve only just begun. It’s thoughts could wait until these first matters were settled.

HESTIA

The devil whispered in my ear, you’ll never survive the storm
    I whispered back, I am the storm

@[Brennen]
    @[Trekori]
    Sorry for the wait ><
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
    I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~ - by Hestia - 04-13-2018, 05:52 PM
    RE: I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~ - by Hestia - 04-19-2018, 01:23 AM
    RE: I sold my soul for this ~Brennen~ - by Hestia - 04-22-2018, 12:01 AM