• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL
    Sabra’s resignation and, Morty’s infiltration alienates Jesper from the perpetual autumn forest. The ebony equine pushed north with Deiti by his side. The similarly marked pair stopped at the River, where his sister discovered a new side of herself. Once both of them were back on their feet and, mentally collected, the jet-black stallion urged her to follow him downstream. Carefully, the equines scout the most shallow width of rushing water and, carefully, cross to continue heading towards Ischia. Facing nearly due-east, Jesper is aware of the fading light of day. Thankfully, the pair reach the beach of the large bay and, note that the tide is receding. From the coast of the mainland, tufted lobes detect multiple voices in conversation coming from the island. A meeting of some sort and, we are late!

Obsidian male stamps his socked right front hoof impatiently before light blue gaze reassesses the closest sandbar. Poll tosses as Jesper decides to push forward. Encouraging whicker ushers towards Deiti, just in case she holds reservations about being so close to water again. Anxious that he was missing something, muscled haunches engage to push stallion into a light jog. Unshod keratin sinks into the shifting sands as Jesper crosses the sandbar with care. Once safely on the shores of Ischia, limbs stiffen and, pace ceases into an abrupt halt. Cranium swivels upon craned neck to land aquamarine gaze upon Deiti before he speaks. “You are safe here. You can follow me if you want. I must find Brennen – my grandfather.” Lips curve into a soft smile meant to reassure before chassis uncurls and, hindquarters push steed back into motion.

Limbs churn in a three-beat cadence to carry Jesper through the thick foliage and towards the cluster of mixed scents. Raven male bursts from the line of vine-wrapped trees into a clearing where, many, many equines stand ahead of him. Gait settles into a confident march as Jesper pushes through the crowd to a vacancy near the middle. Shoulders and hips square to align quad pillars before gaze lifts to meet the familiar face of his grandsire. Tense expression softens slightly though, black male focuses upon the topic of conversation. As individuals all around him take turns speaking, the realization dons on him and, Jesper offers his vote. “Brennen has, and always will have, my vote.” He could hardly know the implications of what this change would bring; however, the onyx stallion knew he belonged here.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL - by Krone - 04-13-2018, 11:26 AM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL - by Krone - 04-13-2018, 02:28 PM
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; ALL - by Jesper - 04-15-2018, 06:15 PM