• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

KINGDOM MEETING
    Brick 

It’s long past time for her to start a meeting. A meeting, she hopes, will be quite a bit more successful then the last one. So much has happened and so much is about to happen. It’s time to address all who’ve come to call Nerine home. Those who’ve introduced themselves and those that have not given her that pleasure yet, she calls to them all. She herself has gone through some changes just as Nerine has. Okay more like dramatic changes since the last time she had called out to them. It is hard to believe that it has been a whole year since becoming queen.

Her body is fresher, younger with the gift of immortality. It will become old, but that matters little as it was already explained to her as to how this gift would work. A long whistle shrills past her lips. She hopes that more will come this time. Hopes that the work done by those faithful few have payed off. Her flaming wings flutter at her sides as she settles her back to the tip of the bluff. They crawl from their caves, their chittering groups on the plains, their homes among the hills. They come to her slowly, one by one. She doesn’t start yet, instead she approaches the first to arrive touching their shoulder, greeting them as she always does. She does the same for each that come to her for this meeting. Hestia is determined that bonds will be formed among them. When most are present, and all have settled she begins. Not facing them, above, or in front of them. But among them, walking through the crowd and catching as many gazes as she can. Her green eyes harboring the flame that lays buried just under her skin.

Welcome, the words are soft, but they are not quiet. Her voice carries on the spring breeze. New life has already joined them this season. She’s waited until mothers are settled into their new roles, instead of swollen cold and pregnant. If any of them were in that state to begin with. This is a young kingdom, in a manner of speaking, and it is easily possible that they are not yet comfortable enough to begin filling the place with little ones. She continues, it has been a year since the last meeting, a meeting where only a numbered few were present in Nerine. Now look at us! She grins, a glimmer of mischief in her eyes. Yes, look at the kingdom now. The visitors, the residents, the children. They have made a home of this place once more.

I would like to congratulate those who’ve already done enough for the kingdom to have gained ranks. Among those is Scorch, now my advisor, and should any diplomats desire a task ask her for one. She will give you an assignment. Walter has accepted the honor of being my Champion, he is my most trusted fighter, and should it ever be necessary he will be fighting at my side; or for me, should, heaven forbid, I ever need that. While Djinni has kindly stated her intentions to remain as our mage, for now. She nods to each in turn, offering them smiles of friendship, friendship she has been cultivating over the course of the year. Friendship she hopes will only strengthen with time. She tacks on the words at the end respectfully for Djinni, letting her know that Hestia fully intends on keeping her word I would also like to say, welcome back to those who’ve rejoined us. She looks from one to another, so many faces, most of whom she is familiar with. And many of whom she is eager to get to know better. She looks to the past queens among them. Nerine will be strong once again. There is no doubt about it.

She pauses letting others congratulate one another, before moving to the next topic that must be addressed. We now have several relations with other kigdoms, thanks to the hard work of our diplomats, and hopefully a few more to come in the future. Sylva has requested that we only perform friendly battles and mocks with their warriors. Anything else will be considered a breach of the alliance. Hyaline has requested that we only do friendly steals for 6-month periods, but they are eager to see us mingling with them in their borders and we are welcome to tread through their kingdom for any reason as long as there is no violence or threat to them. They have also agreed to a blood alliance, I need one child to volunteer for this to happen. You will be spending a period of one-year learning all you can by an official’s side, as one of theirs will do the same here for the same period of time. Anyone willing to participate now would be the time to step forward. This will not take place until the season for weaning has passed. She pauses waiting for someone to accept, or ask any questions they may have, state any concerns they may hold about this. When all is addressed and settled once more she continues. Tephra has also agreed to a blood alliance and we will be trading Philomena for Wishbone for a year. Thank you for volunteering. She dips her head to touch Philomena in affection as she passes the girl. She can’t know how much Hestia appreciates this, nor how much it will affect her future with Nerine. In fact, if the black queen is being honest, she takes note of all who eagerly fulfill special assignments. It’s how those who’ve surrounded her have gotten to where they are so quickly. She tacks on at the end about the Tephra alliance, we are welcome to do friendly steals and mocks with the Tephran’s as part of the alliance. Please take advantage of these opportunities. She wants to see them strong, and able. She wants them to build friendships and relations with the other kingdoms. That was the purpose of the fighting pen in the first place.

After some debate, and questions asked and answered, Hestia begins again. This is going to be a long meeting, and already she has passed through the crowd several times. Now she moves to stand before them. Several more announcements, several more topics will come up for debate, and these she can not be one of them for. These she must be their queen, she must guide them through these things. These are things not meant for comradery. It is time for them to get to the serious business. While we are on the topic of alliance’s there is one potential one in particular that we must discuss. She grows quiet as she broaches this topic, but not so quiet as to make it impossible for any of them to miss her words. Taking a deep breath and looking to her friends to ground her she begins, louder this time, clear in her intent. There has been quite a bit of deliberation and planning as the brothers want to reform their kingdom, and we the legacy of their sisters; in the past, have been exactly that, as sisters to them. Scorch and I will be standing at Brennen’s side when the time for a vote in Ischia happens. I will not force any to support this who do not wish to. I would very much appreciate all my officials, Walter, Djinni, Scorch, and anyone else willing to be present to join me as we once again find the bonds of brother and sister kingdoms. We will not be partaking in the voting and should the voting fail Brennen will challenge Krone to the throne of Ischia. Again, we will not be partaking in these events, we are there to support our brothers, and to witness. The only time I will participate is should a raid occur. I hope that all my warriors will be by my side should things come to this. But again, I will not force any who do not wish to, to participate. She quiets giving any who wish to speak time to gather their thoughts and make their decisions on if they will stand loyally by her side, or if causing tension in Beqanna is not something they can support her in.

After listening to their questions, hearing their debates, and after they have declared their positions she moves on. I also want all of you to begin thinking of a title for us. One that can have a matching name tied to the brotherhood. I am open to hearing any ideas. We may hold the legacy of the Amazons, but Nerine is not the Jungle. We are a coastal kingdom, and we need something to call ourselves that matches this strength. Because we are not just a legacy, we are warriors; our women are proud and work hard in our kingdom. They do not sit back and let the men do all the work; however, we are not as our predecessors became in putting our men down; they work alongside us, males are just as much a part of our kingdom as females are. We should reflect this in what we decide to call ourselves. This is a new era with new ideas. Let us be leaders in this. she doesn’t yell, but she does look them all firmly in their eyes once again. Hestia listens to them all, one by one as they speak, she doesn’t expect all to agree with this, doesn’t expect all to agree with everything. But that is what these meetings are for. To find common ground and come to an understanding between all parties involved.

When the time to move on has come she looks to the sky for a moment, it’s pink, they’ve been talking for so long. They must be exhausted. Part of her feels sorry for them. Sorry that they must stand here and listen for so long. That this meeting couldn’t be shorter. But they are almost finished. There are only a few minor things left for her to announce. They’ve done so well this year, she is proud to call them all brothers and sisters. I am going to be searching out an heir this year, so that I might begin raising and training her to be a good leader in the event something happens, and I am unable to continue leading you. I hope that I will be able to announce who this will be next year. I want you all aware of this as I hope anyone who knows of a potential foal to approach me about them later. Her own child approaches her side nudging her as it listens to her tired thoughts. It’s voice in her head so soft and soothing, Hestia, you push yourself to hard. The rest can wait. Please listen to me love. She’s not had a chance to tell Murc of Oblivion and she searches for him, she begins to approach him; but now is not the time or place to speak of it. She wants to offer some reassurance that Murc is the only one she loves, that this thing was not her fault, that she had not cheated on him. It growls in her mind angry that she tries to dismiss their centuries of connect for some male whom she’s barely met. The lobe of it’s nostril still gaping flapping with each breath it takes. Hestia stops in her tracks, before anyone can surmise what is happening she finishes what she’s started. As for the warriors, speak to Nayl if you wish an assignment, as I am assigning her as general in Heartfire’s absence. A task for everyone in the ranks, I have one of two things you can perform. I want each to complete one by this time next year. Steal or battle against one of the kingdoms we do not have an alliance with yet. For your terms they will be: a year of captivity in which looser must recruit someone for the kingdom they are in and all interactions will be cut off except for within that kingdom during that time. She stops once more. They are so close to being finished here, it feels as if cotton sticks in her mouth, her voice soar from talking so much. The last thing before everyone leaves, I am forming a new branch in our ranks. Those chosen to be in it will be considered out elite spies. Give me two reasons for why you should be considered, and what traits you have that enable you to be a part of this group. she pauses looking hopefully to Djinni, giving her a chance to accept or decline the offer Hestia had made the last time they spoke, would she want to lead this new group? Hestia pauses for a moment letting the mare give her an answer, either vocally or in her demeanor before she concludes her announcement opening the floor to her people. Listening to them, watching them. Her child at her side, looking to Murc for support as she grows tired after such a long day.

HESTIA

The devil whispered in my ear, you’ll never survive the storm
    I whispered back, I am the storm

Okay so short… (not-so-short) version is:
    1. Sylva: only battles and mocks with their warriors (friendly)
    2. Hyaline: only 6-months for stealing (friendly), also requested that lots of visitors pass through! Need a foal to volunteer for trading places with one from Hyaline for a year.
    3. Tephra: Mocks and stealing only (friendly), Philomena will be trading places with Wishbone for a year.
    4. Ischia: Supporting Brennen as he plans on rebuilding the brotherhood, alliance details will be determined if he wins. Any willing to support this need to announce this here. And please tag if they are willing to be a part of the raid should it come to that.
    5. Be thinking of titles for Nerine, any suggested titles should have a matching one for the brotherhood. We are doing this as our warrior caste are no longer just females.
    6. Nayl is now general as Insane has been MIA. (miss you girl<3)
    7. A new branch is being made up, people wishing to be a part of this must have some ability that allows them to gather accurate information.
    8. If you’re character is in the ranks, please either perform a steal or battle with a kingdom we do not have a relationship with. Battle terms should be captivity for one year in which time the loser will work for the other’s kingdom providing one recruit for them. Same terms apply to a steal only you can lose from a block.
    9. THIS IS AN ACTIVITY CHECK. If you do not reply to this thread then a red star will be put by your name. Or, if you did not get back to the other OOC activity check either you will be demoted to resident. For resident’s same thing, only you will be removed from the board as you cannot be demoted. Please tell me if you know someone is on an away and cannot reply <3
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
    KINGDOM MEETING - by Hestia - 03-30-2018, 01:49 PM
    RE: KINGDOM MEETING - by Scorch - 03-30-2018, 03:29 PM
    RE: KINGDOM MEETING - by Lewana - 03-30-2018, 05:58 PM
    RE: KINGDOM MEETING - by Porcia - 03-31-2018, 07:42 PM
    RE: KINGDOM MEETING - by Philomena - 04-01-2018, 11:39 AM
    RE: KINGDOM MEETING - by Starlin - 04-01-2018, 06:22 PM
    RE: KINGDOM MEETING - by Djinni - 04-01-2018, 07:14 PM
    RE: KINGDOM MEETING - by Walter - 04-01-2018, 07:17 PM
    RE: KINGDOM MEETING - by Nayl - 04-02-2018, 08:33 AM
    RE: KINGDOM MEETING - by Sloene - 04-02-2018, 12:10 PM