• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Wrap Me In Your Comfort || {Solace}
    Hephaestus
    There were many times throughout his life that he found himself noticing things that others happily ignored. In the time he’d spend in the company of his solitude he’d filled his time with studying the simple day to day lives with those who claimed to be average. What he’d found, however, was that most people ever hardly were just that. Average. It was a funny thing, really, the tiny details that made separated an individual from the crowd. For him, his difference had been harsh and unsightly, but, others, it was blissfully ignored or unnoticed. It was as simple as a smile, or the soft nuzzle of a mother to her foal or, in this particular moment, a sigh – just loud enough to catch the edge of his hearing. His concentration faltered as he turned his good eye towards his unexpected companion. Hers was not a sign of discontentment or rushed impatience. She was embracing a moment of silence shared between two strangers. The simplicity of the breath caught him off guard.

Although her blue gaze remained planted on the scenery before them, her voice reaches out to touch him. For a moment he is tempted to shy away from it, as he had many times before, but, almost unexpectedly, he found himself leaning in.

“I am called Hephaestus,” he offered the proclaimed caretaker.

Titles and secondary names were regarded with importance throughout Beqanna, it seemed. His whole life he’d been called a mistake, a burden – all titles he had regarded as curses. He wondered the reaction he would get if he went around tacking on those titles to the end of his name. Would he gain respect or pity? Neither were things he wanted.

Her voice breaks the silence once more, lilting upwards to match the song of a bird. As her gaze turned towards him he considered her offer and he couldn’t help but imagine the thousands of times she must have presented visitors with those same semi-empty words. He didn’t require a tour and, as the wind fingered through his billowing back mane, he angled himself away from her.

“No, thank you,” he set her at rest. “This view is the only tour I am in need of. I thank you, Solace Caretaker of Hyaline.”

Perhaps his language would feel stiff to her, perhaps it would give him away as a stranger to the land. Either way, he could sense that the mare would understand. Beneath her words he could sense an even bigger question.

She wanted to stay.

The revelation surprised him and he found himself unable to react to her silent request. Instead, he watched her and waited.

Break My Shackles To Set Me Free

@[Solace]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Wrap Me In Your Comfort || {Solace} - by Arithmetic - 04-16-2018, 08:36 PM