• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Wrap Me In Your Comfort || {Solace}
    Hephaestus

Eyes still closed he considered his time spent thus far within the borders of Beqanna. He’d traveled through many kingdoms, met faces he knew he could no soon forget. Good mixed with the bad, it was hard to deny the surprising peace he’d stumbling upon. Hyaline, however, had to be his favorite kingdom thus far. Known as the sanctuary, it’s resemblance to the place of his youth was frighteningly uncanny.

Praised as a safe-haven for the bruised and broken, he imagined the herd of those who’d chosen the mountains as their home. Hidden from the demons of their past, many of them were grateful to be given a reprieve from their running. It was hard not to admire the concept, but it was hard not to compare Hyaline to the place of his birth. His own father had claimed benevolence and, yet, when he beheld his son, scraggly and ugly, the only words he’d wasted upon him were those meant to exile. Even his own mother, known as the Good Queen to those who adored her, hadn’t fought her mate’s decision. Growing up, his only sanctuary had been that of his own creation.

Abruptly he opened his eyes once again to the never-ending expanse of mountains before him. It was only then, as he considered the birds as they flew above him, that he realized that he was no longer alone. There, to his left, a blue winged mare observed him. Bare faced and unhidden he set his jaw as he searched for signs of disgust upon her face. Frighteningly void of judgement, she nickered a polite greeting.

Like him, it would seem that the young mare had been out enjoying the beauty of spring. Nature had embedded itself into her black mane and the tickling of amusement filled him. She was young, that much was clear and it was her youth that prevented him from fleeing from her.

Thank you, he replied calmly.

Distractedly, he allowed his eyes to drift back towards the world around them. Hyaline, there was no need for him to rush.

Break My Shackles To Set Me Free

@[Solace]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Wrap Me In Your Comfort || {Solace} - by Hephaestus - 03-28-2018, 11:42 AM