• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  undo the knots of the past / brennen & trekori
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    Before Takei has a chance to respond to Brennen’s question, Trekori begins to fidget and out of the corner of his eye, Brennen can see the faint luminosity of his horn become a bolder glow, and he can’t help but turn and give the colt a little smile, ready affection in his gaze. Their brothership is so new, but it is by no means fragile; the bay stallion has embraced those he has brought home for his new Brotherhood as fully as his own family, and he has always had a fondness for youth in any case.

It’s only a brief few breaths though, and then he turns his attention back to the young man’s brother, watching the red-and-white stallion as the question settles and the thoughts that follow; the minute changes in his bearing and expression that tell Brennen he’s warming up to their enthusiasm, even if he doesn’t know any of the details. When Takei confirms his interest in words, even veiled words such as they all are using, Brennen rewards him with a little half-smile of his own, and then drops the pretense and veiled hints.

He will tell Takei their plans – he wants only the truly willing to stand beside them as they take Ischia, and the truly willing are those who are also well-informed. And though he stays mostly relaxed, there is a certain sharpening of his features and his body as he leans forward, ready to tell his dreams. “We are going to take Ischia. For a new Tundra, a new Brotherhood, on these islands.” It sounds so simple, but the gears clicking into place have been a long time coming, and are not simple at all. “Right now we are in the first stage, gathering those who wish to join the Brotherhood here in Ischia. When we feel we are ready, our hope is to simply vote Krone off of her throne, but if that fails I will challenge her for it. And then the real adventure starts – building our new Brotherhood, in whatever way we wish to envision it.”
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    RE: undo the knots of the past / brennen & trekori - by Brennen - 04-10-2018, 08:47 PM