• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you're the beacon / solace
    W
    ound cannot imagine the stress they must endure, those kings and queens of the kingdoms. She often sees it in the creases of Warrick’s face and the heaviness of his shoulders. They’re subtle movements, but she knows him well enough to spot those miniscule differences in the pattern of his ways. She can see it too in Solace. It strikes Wound at how close the resemblance is as she notices the discontent in the young queen’s eyes.

“Your concerns are valid,” she reassures. If Wound knows anything of Tephra’s king, it is that he considers his family with every step he takes. Although his duty to his kingdom is just as important (if not more), she knows Warrick will not abandon his daughter and her kingdom if the fabric of Beqanna’s politics might shred itself.

The silvery diplomat limps closer, extending her nose toward Solace in a sign of peace and consolation. “I highly doubt Warrick would desert his family in the midst of a war.” A fluttering, sunny smile flashes against Wound’s face as she listens to the young queen’s following words. “I will ensure your message is delivered. And your father would want you to know that Hyaline is a trusted ally and Tephra will always come to your aid in times of need.”

Although Wishbone tousles with her older brother still, Wound turns to call her daughter to her side. The sun is already lowering quicker now and she is prepared to make good time in the direction of Tephra before it is too late. “It’s been wonderful visiting with you, Solace.” Her unruly daughter comes trampling forward, dirty cheeks and mahogany body shining with a thin layer of perspiration. “Solace, your father misses both of you dreadfully. If either of you” — her eyes find Svedka’s face as well — “find the time to visit Tephra, I’m sure he would love to see you.”

Wound thanks them again, encouraging Wishbone to say her goodbyes to her siblings. With warm hearts and several things to bring back, the pair turn back toward Hyaline’s border and disappear into the subtle hints of twilight-forests.
    credit to nat of adoxography.

@[Solace] @[Svedka] I hope this is alright for you! If you'd rather keep the conversation going, I can edit this (: But I figured this would be a good spot to end the thread... Also feel free to reply if you'd like.

Messages In This Thread
    you're the beacon / solace - by wound - 03-17-2018, 07:56 PM
    RE: you're the beacon / solace - by Solace - 03-19-2018, 08:50 PM
    RE: you're the beacon / solace - by wound - 03-19-2018, 11:24 PM