• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you're the beacon / solace
    T
    heir time at Hyaline has been delicious. Although Wishbone carries the travel-bug for both of them, Wound can’t deny it’s been nice to get away from the familiarity of Tephra and adventure past her normal haunts. It’s late afternoon by the time Wound is able to get a chance to speak with Solace more. They had come to Hyaline with the intention of a diplomatic visit, but the appearance of both of Wishbone’s siblings had slowed their progress.

Wound isn’t concerned at all — she had been happy to watch Wishbone interact with her family members, especially with the knowledge that she isn’t sure when her daughter will see them again. Hyaline is quite the hike from Tephra. With that thought, Wound’s eyes turn toward the sky, where the sun is already beginning to dip toward the horizon.

Wishbone is content to play with Svedka some more and, thankfully, her brother accepts minor babysitting for a few moments as their visit comes to a close. Wound finds a spot not far away from her daughter to speak with Solace again. “Now, to answer your questions.” Her voice is warm and engaging and though they may be bound by the mutuality of Warrick, there is no tune of motherly will in her words.

“Our initial reason behind allying with Sylva and Ischia is because they are our closest neighbors. Sylva stands between us and the rest of the kingdoms, while Ischia could easily attack us from across the ocean.” She pauses, glancing back for a moment to make sure Wishbone is alright. Her daughter is entertained for the time being, racing Svedka around tall rocks in a figure-eight pattern.

Satisfied, Wound turns back around with a gentle smile on her lips. “I’m not sure what the conditions will be, as they are all traveling just as I am.” She hopes it ends up well, that’s for certain. Although Tephra is strong in their numbers — for the most part — they are centered in a different location compared to the rest of Beqanna’s territories. It could cause some issues traveling-wise if their soldiers were needed in the future. “Warrick did not speak of Loess or Nerine when we had our most recent kingdom meeting,” Wound admits. “However, I don’t believe Tephra is looking to formulate any enemies. I’m sure he has plans for the future.”
    credit to nat of adoxography.
    @[Solace] @[Radar] I powerplayed Svedka in the slightest in this post, just as a warning, but if you want me to change anything please just let me know and I'm more than willing to change it. It's basically just Svedka playing with Wishbone to keep her entertained haa.

Messages In This Thread
    you're the beacon / solace - by wound - 03-17-2018, 07:56 PM
    RE: you're the beacon / solace - by Solace - 03-19-2018, 08:50 PM
    RE: you're the beacon / solace - by wound - 03-19-2018, 11:24 PM