• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [complete]  Event 2 Task 3
    Modicum Mortem was intelligent in many things (war, murder, stalking, sex), but he would’ve been an idiot to not realize he had always lacked in one area.

He was incapable of empathy.

So when the goddess brings forth the frail old woman, he does not gasp, his heart does not ache for her. He simply stares blankly as Nike asks the group to go to her, to try to comfort the grieving mare. Why a challenge such as this? Couldn’t she have given him something easier, something he was more capable of? The last two tasks he handled quite well. How would he be able to calm the woman when he lacked the capacity to?

He steps forward, a great sigh escaping his lips. He travels to the woman, and to his surprise, he meets her eye line. He stares into the dark, miserable pools and grows uncomfortable (something foreign to the stallion). <b>”Why’re you crying?”</b> He asks.

<I>”They took everything from me. Didn’t you hear her? I am nothing without my family.”</I> She weeps. Mortem stifles a cruel laugh (he loved to watch others suffer). He tries his best to piece together helpful words.

<b>”I know your family was important to you. I know how you feel,”</b> He lies, he never cared about his family. <b>”But where there is life, there is hope. No matter how bad life gets, there’s always something you can succeed at.”</b> What he lacked in compassion, he made up for in wisdom. He only hoped his words would be enough to succeed at the task.

Answer: They are more commonly called “heart-strings”

|Proceed with Caution|

Messages In This Thread
    Event 2 Task 3 - by The Goddess Nike - 03-15-2018, 10:53 AM
    RE: Event 2 Task 3 - by Hestia - 03-15-2018, 11:13 AM
    RE: Event 2 Task 3 - by Amorette - 03-15-2018, 11:14 AM
    RE: Event 2 Task 3 - by Belgaer - 03-15-2018, 11:17 AM
    RE: Event 2 Task 3 - by Modicum Mortem - 03-15-2018, 11:17 AM
    RE: Event 2 Task 3 - by Nymf - 03-15-2018, 11:18 AM
    RE: Event 2 Task 3 - by Ilma - 03-15-2018, 11:31 AM
    RE: Event 2 Task 3 - by Jesper - 03-15-2018, 11:42 AM
    RE: Event 2 Task 3 - by Imperial - 03-15-2018, 02:05 PM