• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [complete]  Event 2 Task 3
    It seems, as with the first event, the third task will be the most challenging. The first had been mere logic, the second knowledge the contestants had either known or simply needed to apply quick wits to find; the third task is of a completely different nature, with the grieving soul placed before them, and the order for them to ease her suffering. It is as if no others exist in the arena now, at least for Belgaer, as he cautiously approaches the stranger. He takes care to keep his demeanor soothing and quiet; wings tucked against his sides, head lowered, muscles relaxed, eyes averted at first as he approaches and extends his muzzle for a moment of greeting.

Bel observes that she smells sweet beneath the saltwater tears, and he hesitantly presses a comforting touch to her neck (just above her shoulder) before he speaks. <b>"Hello,"</b> he offers, but that seems so mundane and useless. <b>"I'm Belgaer."</b> And he smiles, and for a moment they are just quiet together; he wonders when the last time she had any real companionship was.

It's peaceful, unhurried, when he finally nudges her again, urging her to turn her face towards the sky full of bright stars. <b>"I've always found it reassuring that the night sky never changes,"</b> his voice is deep and calm, as he releases himself fully into the moment in order to best try and help her. <b>"Even if it's obscured sometimes by clouds or storms or the dark of the moon, when the stars and the moon are visible again, they are reliable. They reflect the change in seasons, in time, and go on despite the fickle nature of life beneath. I've always found comfort in the idea that when we lose out loved ones, they are somewhere up there looking down on us, guiding us, eternally. And after we die, when we move on, we are able to see them again."</b>

But that's only half the problem, isn't it? Her death, the loss of every<i>one</i> she held dear, it's a symptom of greater evils. There have been no great evils in this world while Bel has inhabited it, but he certainly has heard the stories from his father of darker, dangerous times. But despite everything that has happened before, Brennen still has one thing that this mare seems to need; hope. <b>"I'm still quite young, but my father said something that stuck with me. He said that hope is like the sunrise - even when all seems lost, it will still come. Perhaps not as soon as we'd like it to come, but come it will. Someone will rise up against the evils you were forced to endure, and make the world a better place for those that come after you. Perhaps they will even do it in your name, or your memory. But regardless, the dark cannot last forever."</b>

Answer: The Chordae-Tendonae are more commonly known as "the heartstrings".

Messages In This Thread
    Event 2 Task 3 - by The Goddess Nike - 03-15-2018, 10:53 AM
    RE: Event 2 Task 3 - by Hestia - 03-15-2018, 11:13 AM
    RE: Event 2 Task 3 - by Amorette - 03-15-2018, 11:14 AM
    RE: Event 2 Task 3 - by Belgaer - 03-15-2018, 11:17 AM
    RE: Event 2 Task 3 - by Modicum Mortem - 03-15-2018, 11:17 AM
    RE: Event 2 Task 3 - by Nymf - 03-15-2018, 11:18 AM
    RE: Event 2 Task 3 - by Ilma - 03-15-2018, 11:31 AM
    RE: Event 2 Task 3 - by Jesper - 03-15-2018, 11:42 AM
    RE: Event 2 Task 3 - by Imperial - 03-15-2018, 02:05 PM
    RE: Event 2 Task 3 - by wound - 03-16-2018, 10:03 AM