• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I got high as your expectations [Kagerus]
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    Believe me when I tell you that I am not looking for thrills; god, they find me well enough themselves without me having to put in even a blink of effort. But at the same time, I want my life and the encounters that make it up to be meaningful; and standing with what appeared to be almost the true definition of a regular old horse who just wanted to do horsey things really didn't cut it for me. At least not while I'm in such a sour mood.

But just as I'm turning to go, the stallion flinches - er, no, he... He what? My brow furrows as I turn back to scrutinize him more closely, stepping forward until our noses are mere inches apart. What on earth... My nostrils flare and try to drag the answer out of the smell of him, but he is too well disguised for such minimal investigations. Hmm....

"Hyaline's my home..." The words are muttered without me even noticing, as I am too busy being right up in his face. Were that my suspicion of him were less, I might back off a bit - but I'd seen something, and now I itch to know just exactly what it had been. I squeeze my eyes shut and shake my head a bit, wondering if I'd gotten enough sleep last night. But then again...

"While I'm usually glad to bring people home with me," I start, looking him pointedly in the eye now, curiosity lacing the lyrical tune of my voice, "I can't quite... Pin you down, nameless one. Tell me; if I took you to the place where your dreams come true... Would there be a surprise in store for me?" I shift my weight, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. "I normally wouldn't ask, but with the tension across Beqanna... I can't quite trust you the way I would have some months before."
    Kagerus
    the dreamer

@[Gunsynd] ooooo this is getting so interesting!!
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I got high as your expectations [Kagerus] - by Kagerus - 04-19-2018, 06:26 PM