• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I got high as your expectations [Kagerus]
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    I wake up to the sound of the running water, and I frown, lowering my head to the ground, an aching pain in my head. Dream walking again. It's no short walk from Hyaline to the river, yet here I am, utterly exhausted and parched - but I guess that's why I walked here (though wouldn't the lake have been far easier to reach?). But I know why my subconscious has guided me here, gods, of course I do. The smell of Rapt floats in the air (or is his scent in my head?) and although I am awake and of myself now, the dreamer inside of me still begs to seek out his presence, to rest my head on his chest and fall back into a far more restful sleep.

But even sleep with him has become restless - the child neither of us imagined possible is coming to take my life, and that, that is a thing of nightmares.

Biting off the mewling voice in my head that begs me to find Rapt, I surge forward, marching the final stretch until I am before the cool spring water. My mouth is to the water before I notice the stallion looking at me pointedly from across the stream (gods, when will I ever not be taken by surprise in this godforsaken land?), and by then, he has a friendly smile on his lips, his blue eyes twinkling merrily.

Oh, fuck off with your pleasantries and pleasantness.
    (Wow, looks like you don't even need me to guide your thoughts anymore - you're angry enough all on your own.)
    Would you also shut up?? Just - fuck off!

My nutmeg eyes darken as I lift my head from the stream, cool water dripping from my whiskered bottom lip. "A girl will do as she pleases, regardless of the whims of the men who think they own her." Well, he may not present as offensive, but today, while my legs ache from an unneeded walk across the entirety of fucking Beqanna, even a child could bring me to snap their heads off with a gurgle of innocent laughter.

Ugh.

"Not used to hearing that, are you?"
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing

In this timeline, Kag is pregnant but you can't see it yet.
    @[Gunsynd]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I got high as your expectations [Kagerus] - by Kagerus - 03-20-2018, 03:24 PM