• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  runnin' away to the riptide; [Hestia]
    lady, runnin' away to the riptide
    taken away to the dark side

She is glad that her first instinct is to like Hestia; she liked Scorch a lot, and so she wanted to trust the people Scorch trusted, but to be honest her trust is weird. She instinctively trusts some, but others have to work extra hard for it, if her first instinct is to be uncertain. “Not much to tell, I’m afraid,” she answers with a little expression that might be called a smile if you’re quite generous, but is much too lonely to be a real smile. “I was an orphan, raised in a herd by two lovely mares who were making it their job to train children to serve Kingdoms in whatever capacity they were best suited to.” what she doesn’t say, rarely says, is how lonely it was to be the only ordinary child amongst a sea of rainbow-colored and magic-talented Carnage babies that had been so plentiful those few seasons. Branka had loved them and Nera had trained them, but no mare can raise twenty something babies and make them feel as loved as a mare raising one or two. “I was just about to find a Kingdom to serve when the world fell apart, and so I went wandering instead outside of Beqanna. I’ve recently returned. Scorch brought me and my daughter to Nerine from the field, and I’ve been pleased by what I find here.”

And what whiplash that was! To find the world so changed. She hesitates after Hestia mentions special roles, and then plunges ahead. If she doesn’t tell her now, trust Scorch’s judgement, maybe she never will. So, now or never. “They trained me to be a spy. I was good at it, so I learned well. Since then I have also been gifted with magic that will make me even better at it. First, I am immortal but not like most. If I am killed, I will come back immediately in a new body. A body nobody knows.” she hasn’t given herself time to think about what it will be like, to die, because she has only let herself think about the benefit to her profession. “More recently, I became able to hypnotize others, which will make it easier to get information. If there is a need for someone to gather information for Nerine, I would like to volunteer.”

SLOENE
    I've got a lump in my throat
    cause you're gonna sing the words wrong

Sorry this took me eight years. :/ also written on my phone so ignore and dumbness

Messages In This Thread
    runnin' away to the riptide; [Hestia] - by Sloene - 03-12-2018, 10:00 PM
    RE: runnin' away to the riptide; [Hestia] - by Sloene - 04-02-2018, 12:27 PM