• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I lock myself inside these walls, cause out there I'm always wrong. [Scorch//Any]
    The white circle shapes make no movement as her darkened nose traces them, scattering sand granules as a long breath is drawn inward and outward.  To her, they smell of algae and salt and in a quick moment she easily concludes that if it ever was alive that it is now dead.   Ever so slightly  her head is drawn higher as she settles into a relaxed stance, enjoying the quiet of the moment by herself.   How long the moment lasts she is not sure, for just as soon as her bones began to settle in their joints, she hears a vaguely familiar voice calling to her.

Rather closely, the girl watches a figure quickly close the distance between them.  She doesn’t get the chance to say it aloud in that moment, but she is relieved when she recognizes the barren form of Scorch approaching.  And Breckin didn’t want to admit it to herself, but she was not sure how she would have reacted to someone different intercepting her first.  Unfortunately, it would seem the spotted mare had had her fill of new acquaintances for the time being.  

Scorch dips her head in what appears to be a friendly greeting.  Unsure of how to respond, Breckin mimics the greeting, hoping that it is an appropriate response.  With encouraging words from the other woman, she finds herself matching the even strides of Scorch as they find a path travelling further into Nerine.  Eyes ever alert, she drinks up the sights and sounds specific to this kingdom, filing them away for future reference and enjoying the surprisingly comfortable rhythm they seem to be striking.  She expected some conversation to happen, but hadn’t anticipated her own reaction to the other mare’s question.

“I…”  It was a simple enough question that the other mare has asked not unkindly, but out of curiosity; a sentiment that Breckin should have no problem identifying with.  And it is a question that should warrant a simple enough answer in response.  But the conversation has taken a sharp turn into a direction that Breckin is unexpectedly uncomfortable with; her movement halts suddenly and ears flatten to her head to mirror her change in emotion.  There is no subtlety here as the speckled maiden’s eyes reflect her newfound anxiety.  Her gaze is almost pleading as it aligns with Scorch’s; as if the other woman might have some answers for her.  “I don’t….I don’t know?,” she finally stammers out, surprised at her own answer and realization.

Confused as to why her even mood has spiked so abruptly, she shifts in her stance; Fighting the primordial urge to run from a threat.  But logical thinking has her reasoning that it would do no good, to try to run from herself.  Perhaps these are thoughts that should be further explored later on, when she is not under the scrutiny of someone that she is beginning to feel a sense of kinship with.  

A long, steady breath is forcibly dragged in and out as the leopard mare attempts to ground herself again. Her world darkens briefly as her lids are closed; centering herself enough to the point where her quickened heartrate has evened out.  Slowly her brown eyes re-open.  For the first time since her arrival, a small smile is offered to Scorch; a miniscule attempt to show the mare that she was okay.

But now she tries to change the subject in an effort to keep Scorch talking to her.  Breckin realizes she likes the hoarse tones of the other woman and finds them somewhat comforting as it becomes more familiar to her.

“Please,” she says with slight head movement towards Scorch, “What happened to you?”

OOC: I wanted to give her a try in third person. I hope you don't mind. DX  I will change it back next time if its not cool with you!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I lock myself inside these walls, cause out there I'm always wrong. [Scorch//Any] - by Breckin - 03-14-2018, 06:02 PM