• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

where the stolen roses grow - kagerus

Solace

Kagerus moves to close the distance between them, and Solace can already feel her mental strain lightening. Warmly, she returns the greeting the other mare offers - she had always been one to find solace is ritual. 

A flicker of concern passes across her features as her question seems to cause Kagerus to step back and lowers her eyes. Solace hadn't meant to ruin her evening, and she wonders if it would have been better to have stayed away and let her fellow fighter spend the night alone... in peace. 

The answer she receives is uncharacteristic, but it only causes her to step closer as the concern now spells out plainly in her eyes - she can nearly feel the apprehension wafting off the overo mare. Solace was nervose about the morning, but nowhere near as nervous as Kagerus appeared to be, and she now regrets mentioning it.

But before Solace can slide in a statement of comfort, Kagerus draws a sharp breath and exhales a torrent of words.

I accidentally got pregnant... I'm going to die...

Solace's blue eyes widen to an unreasonable size as she takes in the incredible flurry of information. She feels as if someone has landed a solid kick to her in the barrel. 

The confidence with which Kagerus relays this information causes the tri-colored mare to take a step back as she shakes her head "I don't understand, how do you know that? I've never known anyone who has died in childbirth," she blurts with her voice rising an octave above her regular steady pitch. 

Karaugh, she suddenly thinks with dismay. She had known someone who died giving life to their child - but she doesn't stop to correct her mistake. She wouldn't let that happen to her friend. 

"We will find you a healer, or we will go to the mountain, both of us!" She doesn't want to believe Kagerus knows what she is talking about. 

"You don't know that," the queen repeats as she remedies her mistake and comes to stand flank to flank and shoulder to shoulder with the companion who had worked tirelessly alongside her for the last year. "Maybe you should stay here, it's not too late to forfeit.  There will be a healer at the tournament... if you think there will be complications I will make sure they come back with me to Hyaline." 

caretaker of hyaline

Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    where the stolen roses grow - kagerus - by Solace - 03-07-2018, 04:51 PM
    RE: where the stolen roses grow - kagerus - by Solace - 03-08-2018, 06:08 PM