• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Face to the Sun [Warrick]

Tangerine

In the middle of the night, I go walking in my sleep

Like countless others - she was a creature who reveled in sunlight, earth, and sweet meadow grasses. But in the heavy heat summer dusk became her dawn, and although the summer solstice has passed long ago, still she clings to this pattern of night-time wandering. 

He was a creature of the sky, even back in the days when his back was a wingless auburn plain. She is forever drawn back to his steadfast presence and she searches for him now, among the volcano's roots, in the coconut grove, along the beach. For tonight she has something to share with him - the child which sleeps in her womb will not be a secret for much longer.

But that was not all that was on her mind.

Tangerine finds him where his kingdom sinks into the ocean, with the waves around his ankles and his eyes turned to the stars. 

"Warrick" she calls as she crosses the black sand to tuck herself along his side, champing and lipping along his muzzle with puffs of air as she brings his sent to her in the Ancient Way of greeting. She does not carefully hide the spiral brand which sits above the painted skin of her neck, the way she often does from others, he mind is turning too quickly as the shards of anxiety Carnage had planted in her cry out for acknowledgment. 

She smothers the feeling, but to no avail. 

"You're leaving," her heart betrays her, and she speaks the words she promised herself she wouldn't. Tangerine knew she had no right to say such a thing, to place another burden on his already straining back (he held himself to such a high standard), she had intended not to. She had intended to give him her happy news and spend a peaceful evening with him under the stars.

But little ever went the way she intended - and remorse turns her liquid-amber eyes common.

She could apologize or try to smooth over what she said, but she does not - not yet at least. She needed to hear his soothing explanation, even if she knows it's wrong to ask for it.

When had she grown greedy?

@[Warrick] I know I still owe Svedka, But he needs to know about Marble before spring D:

Messages In This Thread
    Face to the Sun [Warrick] - by Tangerine - 03-07-2018, 03:59 PM
    RE: Face to the Sun [Warrick] - by Warrick - 03-15-2018, 03:53 PM
    RE: Face to the Sun [Warrick] - by Tangerine - 03-27-2018, 02:06 PM