• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

live until we die - any

Trekori

i'm freezing, it's not winter yet
    but my fingers and toes
    are shivering beneath these sheets
    and i feel so alone
    i don't want to die, i want to sleep

I couldn't hear her following me, but as she comes to perch on the outskirts of our group like a crow on a thin branch, my attention goes to her. She is dark as night, and beautiful in a way that my youthful mind cannot yet grasp completely. Her light swirls around us, and I breathe it in, shaking my head to clear it of the shadows that one of the two manipulators have placed there. I will not be silenced.

The night brings out many. "Perhaps it has more to do with us, than the night." I hold her gaze for a moment, allowing the weight of my statement to seep beneath her ebony skin before turning my attention back to include the others.

I am Michaelis. Khaedrik echoes the name, and then seems to notice me for the first time. His eyes are darker than last I saw him, and I frown, wondering why, wondering what has happened to him - but then his creature is snarling at me and I tuck my chin to my chest, half-unfolding my wings and lowering my horn to its eyes. I will not be shadow-meat. But Khaedrik calls it off, and I relax my stance begrudgingly, continuing to frown at Khaedrik. Not in anger, but in perplexion. Last I'd seen him, he could control the things... Something is wrong now.

"It's fine," I say tersely. There are greater threats than a boy's wanton pets.

When the yearling moves closer to me, I allow him to, and even move to close the distance myself. My wing brushes his side, and I appreciate the quiet solidarity we share in that moment. He addresses the mare, and then falls silent... Swinging my eyes from creature to creature, I decide to speak.

"I am Trekori. This is Khaedrik." I look to the mare, the one most like myself, and yet with as a kindred a spirit to these other two as to my own. "That leaves only you nameless."

Messages In This Thread
    live until we die - any - by michaelis - 03-07-2018, 03:24 AM
    RE: live until we die - any - by Khaedrik - 03-07-2018, 01:52 PM
    RE: live until we die - any - by Trekori - 03-07-2018, 07:11 PM
    RE: live until we die - any - by Nightbreak - 03-07-2018, 10:08 PM
    RE: live until we die - any - by michaelis - 03-08-2018, 04:39 AM
    RE: live until we die - any - by Khaedrik - 03-08-2018, 10:47 AM
    RE: live until we die - any - by Trekori - 03-08-2018, 07:11 PM
    RE: live until we die - any - by Nightbreak - 03-10-2018, 12:45 PM