• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

||Meeting a Queen|| {Hestia}
    She’s grown so tired, and its only her first year. It’s a good tired though, one she’s not felt in a long time. One that she has missed and acked for. Growing bitter and restless as time passes her by leaving her in its dust. Not this time around, no siree, not this time. She’s on the fast track and its everything she needs to feel alive and useful. If only her and Nymf had met a few…. Okay more like a few lifetimes back when she herself was a nomadic personality. They may have gotten on quite well, going from one place to another, stopping whenever the mood suits. It’s a good lifestyle, a carefree one going where ever the trails take you.

She approaches the girl, and surprises her, not on purpose of course. Though that would have been fun too… She shakes the thought out of her head. Cheeky, well used to be. Now its little things that she takes wry pleasure in. Hestia rolls her shoulders, no need for forgiveness, you did fine. she nods with a gentle bump of her muzzle to the girls shoulder. It still makes her uncomfortable when others defer to her. She’d like to tell them no, don’t, no need, thanks but just call me Hestia. Yet if she allows that, then respect is forgotten. So, she’s chosen a nice compromise, a gentle bow, or nod, some form of gesture from them giving the respect needed for her station, while the rest is all just unnecessary fluff that she won’t allow. They must connect with her and know that she works right alongside them. She will not elevate herself over them. It’s a tightrope walk she does. One that is tricky and one slip means not only the death of herself but of all she hopes to accomplish in Nerine.

Nymf, It’s a pleasure. I’m glad that you sought me out. I enjoy meeting all who choose to make a home of Nerine. She gestures to the land around them. Volcan, she’d such high hopes for the girl, maybe there still is. She’ll give her one more chance she thinks. After all sometimes things happen, and Hestia won’t presume to judge. She’ll just wait and see what will happen with the once promising young recruit. I trust that you’re stay here as treated you well? She knows the young mare can be difficult with her tongue, but Hestia sees the potential. If only she continues to apply herself… The black mare watches, keenly aware that something is making the white mare a little uncomfortable. She has a look, and now Hestia is curious as to what is going on in that mind of hers. She’s about to ask, but she thinks maybe giving the mare a chance to explain on her own would be best. Had someone beat her here? She’d be surprised. It’s not something that she thinks her people capable of doing to one of their own. Not something she would tolerate within her own borders.
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
    ||Meeting a Queen|| {Hestia} - by Nymf - 03-05-2018, 11:11 AM
    RE: ||Meeting a Queen|| {Hestia} - by Hestia - 03-09-2018, 11:06 PM
    RE: ||Meeting a Queen|| {Hestia} - by Nymf - 03-11-2018, 10:16 AM
    RE: ||Meeting a Queen|| {Hestia} - by Hestia - 03-20-2018, 06:36 PM
    RE: ||Meeting a Queen|| {Hestia} - by Nymf - 03-22-2018, 07:34 PM
    RE: ||Meeting a Queen|| {Hestia} - by Hestia - 03-28-2018, 08:06 PM
    RE: ||Meeting a Queen|| {Hestia} - by Nymf - 04-07-2018, 06:41 PM
    RE: ||Meeting a Queen|| {Hestia} - by Hestia - 04-16-2018, 03:44 AM
    RE: ||Meeting a Queen|| {Hestia} - by Nymf - 04-22-2018, 04:25 PM