• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and I'll shiver like I used to [any]
    She can see his assessment of her in his eyes and this sobers her right up. She had always thought of herself as a lady - a good head on her shoulders. It was obvious now that her trepidation had given way to a new, less amiable persona. She was carrying herself like a mouse before a barn cat, and she knew that never ended well for the mouse.

Raewen forces herself out of her own head for a minute; long enough to actually listen to her companion's conversation. He was kind, perhaps even gentlemanly. She could ask for little else, really. (Although he did have the added benefit of not being clad in green or blue or some sort of other odd accessory like so many others, for this she was grateful as well.) A smile pulls at the corners of her lips at his compliment, but his question worries them back into line. She clears her throat, hoping to cast more of a voice this time around. "I couldn't say. It's nowhere near here though. I lived on a farm, surrounded by others farms which surrounded a small town. I believe I am very far away from home indeed." Her voice cracks at the last of this - she misses her farm, her man, her life as she knew it. Luckily for her emotions, he continues on the conversation and it brings her attention back to the present.

He speaks of the impossible and she knows vaguely what he means. The colors, the horns, the wings, the powers. They did seem impossible to her, and it was reassuring that it wasn't exactly normal for everyone here either. She doubts very much that she will ever partake in the impossibility (she was perfectly happy as she was, thank you very much), but the idea that these others might not necessarily be born this way is intriguing. It launches her thoughts down an entirely new vein of how they came to be like this in the first place. But now was not the time to delve into such musings.

"I'm sure I'd be happy just making some friends." She says lightly, the hint of a laugh in her tone. She had given little thought to her future, but it appeared that this man had thought of his. Perhaps that was normal when one could direct their own destiny. Her life had been all but set in stone except for that fateful day with the broken fence... She does not say any of this though. Instead she chooses a safer direction. "What are your plans, Bragi? What does one do when they have so many possibilities before them?"

But before he can answer her question, the tan male is already speaking. His words strike her as odd - lyrical but without a tune. The horses in town would never have spoken in such a manner and it takes her by surprise. Instead of putting up walls, however, it seems to calm her down. She was certain now that this one would not hurt her (wouldn't even dream of it) and she felt an ease that she hadn't felt in many months. It was a good thing she had come out of hiding today, after all. She smiles, the warmth of it actually reaching her eyes this time. "I think that sounds lovely."
    raewen
    and I'll shiver like I used to

@[Bragi] sorry it took so long!!

Messages In This Thread
    and I'll shiver like I used to [any] - by Raewen - 03-02-2018, 12:46 PM
    RE: and I'll shiver like I used to [any] - by Raewen - 03-14-2018, 05:32 PM