• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and I'll shiver like I used to [any]
    He is not comfortable with fire or water. Rather an unfortunate situation, seeing as he had chosen to live on a volcanic island. He had stayed, though. Partly out of a sense of penance, partly because of a mare who lived here whom he was becoming fond of. A bit more complicated was the sense that these fears were something he must conquer. 

He lived here because he wanted to face what scared him. There were things he loved about Tephra. The way the volcanic soils produced the most luscious vegetation. The multitude of warm springs that soothed sore muscles, even in the dead of winter. It was this love that kept him here, and that desire for peace that brought him to the beach. 

Now that his vision was restored, he had been wandering over the island, coming to gain a deeper appreciation for the magic time and lava had wrought on the earth. He was not alone in his venture today. A little further along the shimmering black shoreline was another, who looked about as lost as he felt. Why not? 

"Beautiful, isn't it? I don't think I've seen you around before. I am Bragi." His smooth baritone carried over the last couple of meters between them, mingling with the calls of sea birds. His sapphire blue eyes shone as he took in her red roan coat. 

So many vibrant colors could be found across the kingdom's of Beqanna, but he held a soft spot for people of old fashioned tones. His own buckskin and white pelt had been meticulously returned to its former gloss over the last few weeks, his chocolate mane and tail detangled and detwigged. He felt more like the man he'd once been every day. 

@[Raewen]

Messages In This Thread
    and I'll shiver like I used to [any] - by Raewen - 03-02-2018, 12:46 PM
    RE: and I'll shiver like I used to [any] - by Bragi - 03-02-2018, 07:21 PM