• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; Solace & Kagerus
    Out with the golden we sew, and the lower past that crawls.
    Now, to the doorway you run, to the girl that's not lost.
    I smile warmly at my Queen upon her arrival, curling my neck to meet her nose as it rests on my shoulder. We have grown close in the year that I have lived here, perhaps because of our kindred spirits, or perhaps because of how slavishly we both work for this kingdom. Even though we've both been recruiting, it's still been quiet here; but we fare better than some.

At least, according to Brennen. My ears are attuned to his words as we peruse the beautiful mountain kingdom, my nutmeg eyes occasionally flashing to his so as to demonstrate my attention. And it's not a political demonstration, really, more of a mannerism that I would show to anyone who has earned my respect. And despite not having known this stallion prior to now, I do know his name, and that I may soon face him in the coming alliance; and, he was the original keeper of Hyaline. That information is more than enough to render me respectful of him.

"Well, you do have that over us, I'll warrant," I joke cheerfully. "The mountains like to hold on to the snow for as long as they can." So, Ischia is quiet; but Brennen does not seem like the kind of man to allow for such things to go on for long. When his eyes move to rest on Solace, I narrow my gaze and inspect him more closely for a moment: the bay of his fur, the scars that line said coat, and the way he carries himself. This man has seen many things, and far more battles than either Solace and I ever will. Ischia will not grow stagnant on his watch, I can feel it.

It is my turn to speak, however, and I unscrew my gaze, smiling again as I am wont to do. "Hyaline hasn't been silent, but we've a ways to go before we are rightly boisterous." I look to Solace, and bump her shoulder amiably. "What activity we do have is largely thanks to this woman, here."

I address them both then, my smirk turning mischievous. "Funny, isn't it, that we might all face one another on the battlefield this winter? I think so."
    Kagerus
    sweet nothing
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Solace & Kagerus - by Kagerus - 03-09-2018, 11:12 PM