• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Andulvar
    BROKEN VISIONS LET THE DARKNESS HEAL
    ”Uhm, what’re you-“ My eyes nearly roll back into my skull  in annoyance as he protests my protection. ”They make them friendly in Dirtland, don’t they?” The confused look little Kori gives only feeds my frustration but I suppress it as he makes the snide comment about making us ‘dirtlanders’ friendly. Despite his protests he settles up against me for warmth and finally the snort I’ve held in for so long escapes me along with an amused smile. Though it is quick to leave my face as fast as it appeared.

”The children in Dirtland didn’t have the luxury of being nice and plump like you do here in Banana or whatever you call it.” I snap, I can't help it. My voice is stern and final, my unhappiness clear. The child then makes some excuse about having a high metabolism. Right, even I could see through that lie. ”No matter. We will get you fed and fatten you up eventually, boy. Don’t you want to grow sturdy?”

I’m not sure what I have decided, but I do not feel like I can leave this poor little Kori alone. He seems like he needs someone, guidance. Perhaps he has a family but they do not seem near him now. I lean my head down to softly for comfort as the winged boy sighs. ”Anyway. Are you looking for a home again? Cause I am too.”

With a sigh I realize what to do. I will foster the child, if that’s what he desires. An unlikely pair we’d make. I never thought I would have a colt trailing me around, or anyone for that matter. Never interested me. However, this is a new place and new beginnings often mean that we must change.

”Well then I suppose we must find a home together if that is what you wish. Do you have any ideas of where to start? You seem more familiar with this region than I am.”

I can’t pin my finger on it. Though it seems as if we almost need each other in an odd way.  
    @[Trekori] boom VAR DAD

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Andulvar - by Andulvar - 03-01-2018, 11:30 PM