• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Andulvar
    BROKEN VISIONS LET THE DARKNESS HEAL
    I remain fixated on the skinny body, the way it shivers in the breeze. I can’t recall if I was ever all skin and bone or if I have always been somewhat large and muscled. At any rate, we have uncanny similarities. His wings seem out of proportion with his body but that will likely change, he will grow into them or in my case they will outgrow him. My jagged twin horns and his own eerie one.

”This is Beqanna, you obviously aren’t from here.” I hold in what could be a snort. It’s apparent I am not from here. I am the torn product of famine and war who has found a land where there seems to be too many fertile lands. Perhaps I stick out like a sore thumb, but I also called that upon myself the moment I asked where I was.

”Good observation,” the words tumble out of my mouth quietly before I can stop them. As he steps forward I inhale sharply, raising my head above his ever-so slightly. ”I’m Trekori. Kori for short…”

Ice-blue eyes look down to his violet ones. ”I am Andulvar, though if we are going by nicknames now you may call me Var. I come from a place once called Askavi, though now it may as well be called the land of dirt.”

The way the wind gives chills to the boy concerns me in a way I can’t explain. It places a weird feeling in my gut. It reminds me of home. The children who would almost blow away should even the faintest breeze hit them. It is almost without thinking that I step forward to his face and untuck my large feathered wings and curve them to shield Kori’s sides slightly.

”You are all skin and bone, child. Have you no  common sense or appetite?” I click my tongue in disapproval. I can’t help myself. It makes no sense to me that in such a verdant place there would be those who are so scrawny coming from my home.
    @[Trekori] var is so conflicted

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Andulvar - by Andulvar - 03-01-2018, 01:39 PM