• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Before I went under || Eros & Any
    Sabrina is a bit amused at the girl and her co-worker's quiet gushing. She only hopes the girl will take up the challenge and bloom. 

Her idle musing is distracted by the sudden appearance of a pair of face-level trousers. The trousers are clothing the rather tall figure of the man who'd been in front of her at the counter. Leaning back in her seat, she raises one perfectly threaded brow haughtily at his interruption. It drops again in consternation as his accent registers. Immediately, memories of her childhood surface. 

Born in her father's native UAE, she had been shipped off to a London boarding school soon after her mother OD'd when she was nine. That had been her maternal grandmother's doing, ostensibly in the hopes that Sabrina would become a better person than her mother had been. By her grandmother's estimating, it had been successful. By her father's, it had given her an unacceptable sense of freedom. Had he his way, she would have been married to a business partner when she was 18, and done nothing more exciting than host charity dinners for the rest of her life. But she had finished school, moved to the U.S, and left her father and his family behind. 

London, though. She did miss it, at times. And... well, there was nothing to say that she hadn't encountered this man before, perhaps when they were children. She worked hard at her neutral American accent, and most days it was flawless. She would keep it that way, for now. 

"Perhaps. Where do you think you know me from?" She asked, taking a sip of her drink. She checked the slim rose gold watch on her wrist briefly, then gestured to the seat across from her. "If you don't have anywhere to be, we could puzzle this out?" She still had an hour or so. It had been such a long time since she talked to someone about something non critical. A little mystery would be fun. 

@[Eros] @[Lavendel] @[Arithmetic] I think I just need to write a backstory book for her, sorry guys :|

Messages In This Thread
    Before I went under || Eros & Any - by Lavendel - 02-25-2018, 01:21 AM
    RE: Before I went under || Eros & Any - by Sabra - 03-14-2018, 05:22 PM