• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

All the Pretty Little Horses || HESTIA

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

Hestia greeted her advisor warmly, and the two exchanged a touch of greeting and friendship. Quickly, however, both their attention went to the mare at hand, and their camaraderie fell into the background: important, but for now, understated.

The foreigner's voice sounded gravely, with a tone that suggested days of silence; Scorch couldn't relate to the need for wordlessness. Even in the afterlife, the ugly mare had talked her face off, mostly to Hestoni; but then again, they had spent what felt like an eternity wrapped in each other's embrace, knowing that their presence was the only thing carrying them through that cold, lifeless place. Her heart twanged at the memory of her husband, and she extended a thread of thought toward him ever so gently.

I'm coming to get you as soon as I can, mio fuoco.
    I know, my love; but do not mourn me. I await your presence with the patience of an undying sun. Every morning, it is in your name that I rise.

Her lips curled in a secret smile at his words, stowing away that warm feeling for later when the loneliness of life set in once more. But for now, the olive witch at hand. "The pleasure is ours, Amarantha. You belong in Nerine, that much is clear." And her words were genuine; again I say, the three mares were kindred spirits, and there were none among them who could deny the kinship.

"As for war or peace, it's not necessarily one or the other. I chose to participate in both castes, long ago when I first joined the Amazons; the benefit of having a battle-ready body and a mind that can navigate the intricacies of virulent politics is almost immeasurable. I'd recommend it, though of course it's your decision." She spoke firmly, eyes scanning the horizon, the occasional glance sent towards Amarantha. "At any rate, immerse yourself in Nerine. There are many who dwell here. There are many for you to meet."

Settling back, she listened for Rant's response, at peace with her position in this conversation, and in Beqanna at large.

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

@[Amarantha]
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: All the Pretty Little Horses || HESTIA - by Scorch - 03-29-2018, 02:54 PM