• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Quand on n'a que l'amour - Kolera

She is torn between relief and guilt. Relief that Kolera seems to read her emotions as only caused by the bad news she is bringing, but also guilt that she keeps a part of the truth to herself. Amorette tells herself over and over again that Kolera had no part in this, and that even Levi isn’t the one to blame, but knowing the fault is entirely yours is still something very different from being able to act upon it. The ebony woman had never found herself facing such a conflict before, and she cannot say she doesn’t struggle with it.

However, the grief is genuine. Just as the sympathy she feels for the bay mare. Amorette knows what it is like to lose a mother. She had lost her own somewhere during the Reckoning, and although Amore doesn’t know if Minette is alive or not, she still counts as lost. No petty feeling. Just like her Kolera doesn’t have a chance to say goodbye, but neither can she carry hope to ever see her again.

”I’m sorry, Kolera..” she offers softly, not really knowing how to offer her condolences in another way. She smiles sadly, accepting the thankful words, but not replying to them. Her grief is not important, nor worth mentioning right now. ”It’s no pretty sight.. And, I haven’t told you all. I met this, stranger, he told me that you and Kryptic have another sister..” Of whom the sire is unknown, and yet, Amorette cannot help but to still fear it is Levi’s.

Another smile and nod. ”Of course I will.” I always will. It might not be official, but Amorette cares for Kryptic as her own son. One now old enough to not need someone watching over him during all the hours of the day, but still young enough to need parental influence. Or so Amore hopes.

Amorette

Quand on n'a que l'amour.

@[Neo]

Messages In This Thread
    Quand on n'a que l'amour - Kolera - by Amorette - 02-22-2018, 03:54 PM
    RE: Quand on n'a que l'amour - Kolera - by Kolera - 02-22-2018, 10:10 PM
    RE: Quand on n'a que l'amour - Kolera - by Kolera - 03-02-2018, 09:49 PM
    RE: Quand on n'a que l'amour - Kolera - by Amorette - 03-03-2018, 06:56 AM
    RE: Quand on n'a que l'amour - Kolera - by Kolera - 03-05-2018, 04:23 PM