• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am still broken into parts - any
    bristol
    the past tense of regret is indecision
    wing appearance: black feathers and then red feathers.
    Even through her own mocking of Brennen, Bristol doesn’t miss the way the other girl flinches when she talks about her father, looking away from the bay mare for a moment while she composes herself, and then offers that it must be nice to have her sire here. Her amber eyes darken, her own mouth closing into a thin line and for a moment she contemplates what having Brennen here means to her. Unlike Kylin who wants her family closer; Bristol only dreams of what it would be like not to live in her father’s shadow.

It’s not enough to be the daughter of an infamous warrior, no; Bristol had to be the child that looked just like him, too. Her white-tipped legs are her own, and the ability to change her wings, but the rest? She inherited her color, her wings, her eyes, her stature – all from Brennen. What she didn’t get was any of the powerful magics, because the whims of the fae were cruel. She had nephews, nieces, and siblings who had inherited the special powers, and gotten their own looks, but Bristol is the physical mini-me with none of the perks.

And as to what she desires – she wants to do something to differentiate herself from said sire, but what can she do to make a name for herself that Brennen hasn’t already done? What can she do, to stand out from his shadow? If she knew, she’d already be doing it.   “I don’t want to be my father.” she answers the question finally in a flat voice, “And I don’t want to be the child who disappointed him.” When she’s thinking logically, Bristol knows that it would quite hard to disappoint her affectionate and loyal sire; hell, her brother had fallen in love with a crazy woman who burnt up half of Beqanna (or so the stories seemed to go) and Brennen still loves him. Bristol would have to be the crazy woman lighting the world on fire to lose Brennen’s regard.

But the heart isn’t ruled by logic, and she sees him training with the others, her family and his recruits, and she can’t help but be jealous, especially when she sees him with the children of the woman who is living on the far side of the island – because Bristol only ever gets stories about her mother, but he likes their mother enough to keep her around all the time. The girl forces herself to focus when Kylin talks about what’s on this island, and a smile lights her face back up at the mentioned of unexplored territory. “Well that sounds like a plan then, we’ll find something new.” she chirps, and the uplift in her emotions sends her wings back to bright red as she sets off purposefully for the tree line, only belatedly looking back at Kylin. “You coming?”

Messages In This Thread
    I am still broken into parts - any - by Kylin - 02-21-2018, 03:40 PM
    RE: I am still broken into parts - any - by Kylin - 03-03-2018, 06:44 AM
    RE: I am still broken into parts - any - by Kylin - 03-09-2018, 02:55 PM
    RE: I am still broken into parts - any - by Kylin - 03-13-2018, 03:18 PM
    RE: I am still broken into parts - any - by Bristol - 03-20-2018, 03:12 PM
    RE: I am still broken into parts - any - by Kylin - 03-23-2018, 03:15 PM
    RE: I am still broken into parts - any - by Kylin - 04-22-2018, 04:31 PM