• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A time for teaching. (Diplomats, any)

She’s sent the young diplomats ahead of her, she had to stop at Loess first. She knows nothing of these subkingdoms, nor why Nerine would enforce such a thing. For as much as she remembers of the old world, she knows even less of this generation. Just that Nerine is in enough disarray that it’s taking every minute of her time to put things back in order, and she still finds that she needs to pass out jobs rather than do it all herself. All the kingdoms seem to be struggling, and hers is no exception.

The black mare arrives just as she hears the question that would begin the discussion. Hestia assumes they have already introduced themselves, so she steps forward nodding to the woman on the other side of the border. You will need to excuse my tardiness, I am Hestia. She pauses for a moment as to make sure that there is nothing left unsaid before they will begin.

Nerine is… turning a new leaf, and part of that is becoming acquainted with our neighboring kingdoms. Seeing if there is any sort of alliance that can be determined, or at the very least we can come to understand our standing with you. Especially as we often must pass by your borders to reach the common lands and I don’t want us to be rude or intruding when unwelcome. Or for some wandering soul accidently wandering off the allowed passage and causing an incident I’m sure we both don’t want. She may not smile, or laugh, or be a friendly huggable personality. She also isn’t disdainful or judgmental either. She understands the caution; all the kingdoms are walking on eggshells right now. At least as far as she can tell.

Assessing them for anything other than friendly purposes is out of the question, and if the woman told Hestia that she didn’t feel comfortable with the young initiates, the black mare would send them home immediately. Today they are here for one thing only. To learn. So that one day, when they are confident in their skills she may send them to do this on their own without Hestia having to give it a second thought. Much as she has Djinni Scorch, and Heartfire doing currently. It makes the kingdom run so much smoother.

The coastal queen strategically sent her diplomats to deal with the distant kingdoms on their own, so that she could focus on the kingdoms closest to Nerines borders giving these the respect of a leader’s presence as is their due. Other alliances may be just as important, but there is something to be said about making friendly with those who sleep next to you.

HESTIA

The devil whispered in my ear, “you’ll never survive the storm”
    I whispered back, “I am the storm”

Sorry you all had to wait so long for me Sad
    Need me to change anything let me know.
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: A time for teaching. (Diplomats, any) - by Hestia - 02-23-2018, 03:51 AM