• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

searching for myself [Brennen, any]
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    He's an early riser; sunrise brings a great time to fly high above the Kingdom, a careful watch kept on the land below, catching the uplifting breezes with exhilaration in his heart. By the time the sun has truly risen above Ischia, Brennen has returned to the ground and is standing amongst the first trees, looking out over the shoreline. Home. It's strange how that definition changes over the years. It hasn't taken him so many years to be able to say "home" with any conviction in the new world; now he can call this place home with no hesitation even though his heart skips a beat every time he says it. Because saying it out loud acknowledges all he has lost; the people and the places.

When the call rings out; his own name, Brennen snaps his head astound and blinks, muscles tensing, at the appearance of the young stallion standing on his beach calling his name; the young man who hadn't been there the last time he scanned the horizon, nor was he in the air or the water in approach. Despite his unease over the situation, his immediate suspicion over children who appear magically on his shores calling his name, he is loose and fluid as he approaches. If there is a threat (a teleporting one, perhaps?), he needs to be limber and ready. In concession to possible innocence of the visitor, the bay stallion doesn't unfurl his overlarge wings, instead keeping them tucked close to his side as he walks over, quiet. Even his hooves make barely a sound in the sand.

"I'm Brennen," he drawls when he is close enough, starting to flash his little half-smile - it doesn't reach even it's small potential. He stops when their eyes meet, going quite still again. Brennen inhales deeply, giving a distinct tilt of his dished head as he considers this puzzle in his head. It's faint, diluted by time and distance, but he can smell family on the kid and while he would usually be simply happy with that, there's something else. It's in his eyes - those distinct blue eyes. Neraza's eyes, looking back at him out of yet another face. His Neraza had six children. Four golden foals with her Edmond and two with Brennen that had her eyes. Their son has only one child, already in Brennen's scope, and he is 99% sure that she has no children of her own (and he doesn't like to think about babies having babies anyway!)...which leaves Bethanie.

Thawing as he figures out the answer to the puzzle, Brennen trades his polite and distant professional half-smile for a slow-blooming real smile that warms his amber eyes. Once, he had dreamed of his and the Falls Queen's children being the start of a dynasty. It hadn't happened for so many reasons, good and bad reasons, and he has always thought they would never even have a legacy, because he had always believed both of their children had died childless. Then Sorenson had sired a child from beyond the grave and Beth - he doesn't know what this is. This boy is too young to be Beth's child but he looks right, and he smells right.

It feels right.

"Hello,"
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

I typed this on my iPad and I suck at it so sorry for typos and shit :/

Messages In This Thread
    searching for myself [Brennen, any] - by Jesper - 02-09-2018, 12:06 AM
    RE: searching for myself [Brennen, any] - by Brennen - 02-09-2018, 11:24 PM
    searching for myself - by Jesper - 02-11-2018, 06:34 AM