• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

IMPORTANT ~EVERYONE~
    volcan
    Burn slow, burning up the back wall
    Long roads, where the city meets the sky
    Most days, most days stay the sole same
    Please stay, for this fear will not die

Nerine stunk of salt. She must stink to them too, of grass and trees and everywhere and nowhere-in-particular. Once she would’ve smelt of hot sand and dry grass, wildfire sm.rs have. Perhaps with time the scent of salt and mud and fish will cling to her, too, mark her as one of their own. That is the mark of the Amazons these days, salt and wind and seaspray. It is not what she ought to have, but it is as close as she is ever going to get.

The call of Hestia burns through her musings. The roan mare’s attention is sparked - a kingdom meeting… How long had it been? For a moment, she considered not going… considers staying out here by the dunes and the sea, inconspicuous and quiet. The wind roars in her hollow ears, cat-like. She thinks of leopards and red roses and climbing vines, and stirs herself, sets off to find Hestia.

There is a small gathering already assembled, including a strange, bald-looking horse that could look familiar, but Volcan cannot place her. She wastes no time in taking a place close to the black mare. She feels out of place, a flame on dry grass, but she remains as still and quiet as possible, ignores the anxiety eating her upwards and out, concentrates instead on a small patch of grass which sways as fast her heart beats (despite the lack of wind).

Hestia’s speech is rousing. Volcan devours her words about the Amazons hungrily, greedily. She can only imagine what it must have been like, in the old days, to be a part of something like that. It extended far beyond regular kinship and familiarity; it was an unbreakable magical bond that they shared… with each other, with their land. That magic they will recreate here, in this land of salt and grey seabirds, and this time… Volcan is here. She will not miss out. Hestia’s speech is kindling, and her passion grows, emboldened. As Hestia touches her she nods her appreciation, her eyes aglow with possibility. Hope.

”I will fight.” she volunteers, her voice steady, a little quiet. ”I will fight and do whatever is needed. Congratulations, Hestia, I daresay that the position is not undeserved.”

She nods, her chin held high (defiantly high, almost daring them to disagree with her). She is shaking now, trembling with excitement and fear, but she is more stubborn than she is anxious. She will prove herself to Hestia, she will prove herself to them all.

ooc: Hello this is Jaya, I have taken over playing Volcan ^_^ Hope this is okay!
    I'd like for her to be considered for Champion. She'll also go in the fighting pen
    She's also willing to go on visits to other kingdoms though preferably only accompanying someone who can do all the speaking!!

<3

Messages In This Thread
    IMPORTANT ~EVERYONE~ - by Hestia - 01-31-2018, 09:39 PM
    RE: IMPORTANT ~EVERYONE~ - by Ardashir - 02-02-2018, 02:48 PM
    RE: IMPORTANT ~EVERYONE~ - by Scorch - 02-03-2018, 01:47 AM
    RE: IMPORTANT ~EVERYONE~ - by Volcan - 02-04-2018, 09:46 AM