• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'd Be a Fool - Any
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    Brennen presents the front of being a pretty cold, heartless warrior in most of his interactions with the outside world. It’s helpful to have a reputation that precedes him that discourages challenges before the come, because no matter how skilled you are, a mistake in even a minor battle could end your fighting career. Staying at the top through history and intimidation is a tactic he uses to its fullest extent. Not to mention it works well for his general wellness as an immortal, to keep most of the horses he meets at a distance.

But he’s not really a stone cold sort of guy, and he does make friends (and often loses them to time, but he’s tried to hermit life and it was equally as bad). In addition, he has a soft spot for children and young people, and he’s concerned about this one in front of him, injured and soaked to the bone. “Nice to meet you again, Hod,” he says with a little half-smile, “I’m Brennen.” He pauses and casts a critical eye over his companion as well as he can in the gloom, not missing the way he shivers. “Why don’t you come back here, further out of the wind?” He starts to maneuver the younger stallion towards the warmer back of the cave, standing close to share his own body heat, and continued to speak over any objections or resistance the young man might offer. “So what do you do for Ischia, Hod?”

Once the other is out of the wind, Brennen slowly (he doesn’t want to startle or scare him) spreads both over-large black wings, one to further block the cave entrance and the other over Hod, offering to share its insulating warmth.
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    I'd Be a Fool - Any - by Hod - 01-30-2018, 05:53 PM
    RE: I'd Be a Fool - Any - by Brennen - 02-02-2018, 09:14 PM
    RE: I'd Be a Fool - Any - by Hod - 02-12-2018, 12:58 AM
    RE: I'd Be a Fool - Any - by Brennen - 02-22-2018, 10:07 PM