• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;

Her lip twitches, his perception is keen. She tries her best not to announce she is queen. But rarely is she ever successful in keeping that fact to herself. Somehow, someway they all figure it out. It confuses the hell out of her as to how they can guess that she is the queen of Nerine, and not some other random black mare. Could be her eyes that give her away. Its not often that they find eyes as venom green as her own. They’ve always been a sweet spot of pride for her, but still everything else about her is so… ordinary it’s hard to imagine that if another black mare was standing next to her they would know which was which.

Was Nerine’s awaking whispered about this much? Most she talks to know of her name before she has a chance to introduce herself. So, she’s resorted to NOT giving her name, and that seems to work fairly well, some of the time. If they don’t know her name, they can’t know she is queen right? No, not right, there must be some sort of fashion gossip or some other type of gossip group, because it’s as if she approaches someone and they already know what to look for to identify the queen of Nerine. Oh well, life in the spot light, he would know, she doesn’t know he would know, but still he would understand this plight, and she would understand his reluctance to speak of his own experience. She chalks it up to being the son of Nayl, he probably saw a lot of that while living here as a child. Enough on that though, instead they chat of other things, pleasant things that don’t weigh on the mind and shoulders.

I am woman, here me roar, she quips back to him rather dryly. He looks comfortable on the beach, comfortable here in Nerine. She’s half tempted to offer Nerine as a home for him again. He talks of the Amazons causing a wry and bitter glimmer to mask her face, yes against better advice, and look at where it got them. She’d warned them, told them that alienating was not the way to make a strong Jungle. Did they listen? Of course not. They scoffed at their older sister, they starved for the golden age, and saw her generation as bitter angry beasts. Even though they were not. They wanted something they were to angry to have, and she knew she would live to see the day they would regret it. She’d dreaded that day, and still when the day came it was worse than she could have ever imagined.

These winter months make this gift a true gift to be grateful for. Otherwise she would absolutely hate it here on the coast, and probably end up leaving all together because of how terrible the weather is. So she remains grateful for the blanket of warm. If you ever wish to come back to Nerine, there will always be a place for you. Males are no longer unwelcome, and I’ve already appointed one as Champion. Nerine will not be the same as it was. She leaves out the part of her trying to pull all their heads out of their own asses. But it’s implied through her word choice, and tone. She looks up to him watching as moments pass where he is intent on her, and other times where he is more relaxed.

They ping pong back and forth, sharing and inquiring, acquainting themselves with other linked through a woman who’s life was spent dedicated to the one place they both care about. My children, she states matter-of-factly, there is no point in lying. He’s shared something equally as painful a burden to bare. I am looking for them, and if they ever come back, they know of my past with the Amazon sisters and wouill… know to look for me among those I’m familiar with. It’s my only hope, being at the top, it’s the only way they stand a chance of ever making it back to me. Or me to them. She doesn’t say it, just lets her words drift away into private thoughts for a moment glancing out over the angry waters. Before bringing herself back to the present and their conversation along with it.

She changes to another piece of information, have you been in Loess long? She doesn’t bombard him, even though she’s a little curious as to how long Isobell was on the throne. She’s still not aware of how much time passed since she fell asleep that day and left this world to its bickering nonsense. It would be nice to at least have a gist of that. Maybe if she can find out how long Isobell was on, then later casually find a way to indirectly ask about Nayl’s reign she can figure the math from there. Clever, clever girl that she is, Hestia is pretty confident that she can get this information. FINALLY.

HESTIA

The devil whispered in my ear, you’ll never survive the storm
    I whispered back, I am the storm

@[Castile]
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Castile - 01-26-2018, 02:15 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Hestia - 01-29-2018, 12:54 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Castile - 02-22-2018, 02:24 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Volcan - 02-23-2018, 12:15 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Hestia - 02-24-2018, 01:40 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Castile - 02-26-2018, 10:22 AM