• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and I'll shiver like I used to [wound + any]
    T
    hings that are normalicies in Beqanna (the ability to shatter crabs, the iridescent blue of the colt, wings sprouting from shoulders, the ability to live forever) can be shocking to newcomers. Wound has begun to realize that with each trip she makes into the Field — the nervous, fluttering glances of travelers as they see animals with dragon’s teeth and snake tails — and she notes that same expression on Raewen’s face now.

Wound hopes the colt won’t feel too uncomfortable by that fact, but to her dismay he shuffles closer to her more-familiar side. She doesn’t fault him for it; as a youngster she would often hide between the bulk of her brothers’ legs when strangers would sneer and glare at her uniqueness. She wants to say something to the boy — who introduces himself as Wildling — but offers him a gentle smile instead.

Raewen offers her congratulations (the first she has heard since her sides have swollen from the growth in her womb) and a brilliant smile dances across Wound’s face. She cannot deny her excitement at the prospect of a child curling between her legs and exploring Tephra’s island. Deep in her core, Wound has always held the characteristics of someone destined to love endlessly and want to share her adoration of life with everyone around her. It was only a matter of time before she would be able to do so.

“Thank you, Raewen.” The colt beside them offers up a meek offering as well, and Wound wonders if he understands what might be happening. Her coffee eyes glance down at him, warmth on her lips. With the undeniable fact that Wildling is Longclaw’s son, Wound can only assume he considers Femur to be his mother — whether she is his blood-mother or not is a factor she isn’t sure of. Her conversation with Longclaw brings to mind the knowledge that Femur is also pregnant.

“Wildling, your mother is also going to have a baby, right?” She gives time for the boy to answer before providing some details to Raewen, lest she feel left out of the conversation. “Wildling’s parents are Femur and Longclaw. His father’s the commander of Tephra; I’m sure you’ll run into him at some point.” Her thoughts flutter to the cerulean stallion briefly and another smile races across her mouth. “I’m sure you’re hungry… Would you like to see a bit more of the island and then I can show you some common grazing grounds?” She adds in a brief piece for Wildling as well, in case he might like to participate. “Wildling, you’re welcome to join as well. Maybe you could show Raewen some cool places you might have found in Tephra later.”
    credit to nat of adoxography.

@[Raewen] @[Wildling]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and I'll shiver like I used to [wound + any] - by wound - 01-30-2018, 09:06 PM